Posted on February 19, 2016

Redesigning my wardrobe

lifestyle/ style

DSC_0547

As you all know by now, I love dresses I have a massive collection of dresses of all different colours, styles and patterns. But over the past year or so, I’ve hardly added any new dresses to my collection. I’m not sure why. Probably because I have enough already, I mean, LOOK AT MY DRESSES:

2015-06-30_1435683516

There is a slight problem with my dress collection though, I tend to opt for bright, floral dresses that are only really suitable for summer. Or dresses for going out.

There’s probably only around 5 or 6 dresses that are suitable for every day wear. So I’ve been looking at adding a few more sensible dresses to my collection.

These are what I’ve currently got my eyes on:

maxi

Ok, the bright green one is just like everything I described above. Bright and not suitable for normal days. But I love I love it so much. So much so that I even bought it as a treat for being such an adult on Tuesday. It’s from ASOS by a brand called Trollied Dolly and I love their dresses.

The maxi dress is also not very day to day, but when I was trawling through one of my favourite sites for dresses, House of Fraser, I saw it and couldn’t resist adding to the list.

Incase you’re wondering, the 4 dresses on the left from ASOS and the 3 on the right are from HOS. I’m very tempted to get the one on the top right, too. It’s only £20! WANT.

What have you been wanting to add to your wardrobe lately?

• Reply Rebekah Koontz February 19, 2016 at 7:32 am

The one on the top right is definitely my favorite! Lately, I’ve been wanting to go on the search for that perfect pair of jeans. But mostly I’ve been wanting to add a perfect statement piece of black, heeled ankle booties.

Humor & Lifestyle // http://www.rebekahkoontzsite.com
    Rebekah Koontz recently posted…eShakti — Clothing CustomizedMy Profile

• Reply Piles of Smiles February 19, 2016 at 8:17 am

Suuuuuper usefull; my wardrobe’s a mess!

• Reply Jackie Harrison February 19, 2016 at 11:40 am

They all such pretty dresses perfect for Spring.

• Reply kezzie February 19, 2016 at 12:11 pm

Im the same!! I probably own about 60dresses at least! I do have a fair mixture of them though. I do tend to still wear summery ones but with a blouse underneath! Was totally drooling over your rack of dresses!!x
    kezzie recently posted…5 brooches and friends #20My Profile

• Reply Kaitlynn February 19, 2016 at 1:01 pm

I don’t know, sometimes in the bleak winter months you need some bright stuff just to not feel so damn blah. But anyway, super cute dresses ☺️

• Reply Darina February 19, 2016 at 6:15 pm

Such pretty dresses. I don’t wear dresses because I don’t feel good in it, don’t know why…maybe because I am not use to 🙂 Maybe when I lost some weight I will buy a dress…
    Darina recently posted…A Parisian Apartment Discovered After 70 YearsMy Profile

• Reply Gabrielle February 19, 2016 at 7:36 pm

Oh wow, that’s an impressive collection of prints! I love the maxi dress you’ve selected, very elegant.

Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    instagram.com/aglassofice
    x

• Reply Katy February 19, 2016 at 9:13 pm

I love dresses too – come spring a dress, black tights and boots are my uniform! Floral prints are my favourite – I love the blue floral one bottom right 🙂
    Katy recently posted…Butterflies in the Glasshouse at RHS WisleyMy Profile

• Reply carsla February 19, 2016 at 9:16 pm

yes dear, i don’t think you need anymore. unless you’re shopping & it’s love at first sight! lol. (:

http://www.connect-the-cloths.com ♥ | xoxo
    carsla recently posted…Wannabe Beauty Blogger, Pt. 3My Profile

• Reply Elizabeth Rebecca February 19, 2016 at 11:03 pm

What have I wanted to add – all the ones you picked!!! If we ever meet up we’ll be like twins haha!

Lizzie Dripping
    Elizabeth Rebecca recently posted…Cancer Prevention Month* with the MAA CenterMy Profile

• Reply Saira February 20, 2016 at 12:23 am

Oh wow your dress collection looks absolutely stunning! I also love your picks so much.. I have definitely been obsessed with pinafores at the moment .. I literally want one in every colour!!

Saira
    xo
    Saira recently posted…Denim Essentials EVERY GIRL Needs♥My Profile

• Reply Akaleistar February 20, 2016 at 2:25 am

Pretty dresses! I really like the bright green one and the navy floral 🙂
    Akaleistar recently posted…10 Must Have Blush ShoesMy Profile

• Reply TOUCHOFGUCCI February 20, 2016 at 4:34 am

Your dress collection looks amazing! x

TOUCHOFGUCCI // BLOGLOVIN

• Reply Mica February 20, 2016 at 4:51 am

I love the blue floral one on the bottom right! 🙂

I’m such a sucker for blue dresses, I have more blue dresses than any other colour in my wardrobe, haha! I can stop myself buying blue clothes but dresses seem harder. I think dresses are great additions to a wardrobe as they are instant outfits – put it on and you’re done! 🙂
    Mica recently posted…Printed Kimonos, Denim Shorts and Rebecca Minkoff Plum Mini MAB Tote BagMy Profile

• Reply Lucy February 20, 2016 at 7:30 am

That is quite the dress collection but can you really have too many x
    Lucy recently posted…My Little Box January and FebruaryMy Profile

• Reply Charlotte February 20, 2016 at 12:34 pm

I have found the same when looking in my wardrobe! I have lots of summer appropriate dresses, so recently I have been looking out for darker dresses, and managed to pick up a beautiful navy blue ladybird print one
    Charlotte recently posted…Stop Existing. Start LivingMy Profile

• Reply Jemma February 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm

OMG I want the polka dot one!!
    Jemma recently posted…The Best Week Ever, Giveaway & A Catch UpMy Profile

• Reply Ella Pinto February 20, 2016 at 10:37 pm

I have to say I’m sort of going through the same struggle as you: I own so much of the same thing but they’re not for everyday use or sometimes, I end up going for the same thing anyway. It’s a bit stressing if I’m honest.

Also, I’m complete enamoured by both the bluish dresses on the second row – I think they’re gorgeous and because you’re on the pale side of the spectrum like me, I think they’d look lovely on you. It’d make you pop as heck!

Ella x
    Ella Pinto recently posted…Kiko Cosmetics // Crystal Sheer and Luscious Cream Lipsticks ReviewMy Profile

• Reply Paula February 21, 2016 at 10:38 pm

I love the top left one so much and wish I’d saw it on asos myself – I went on an asos binge last night and bought four dresses and a pair of boots… they’re due tomorrow and I really hope they’re all going to work as I’m so bored of my dresses at the moment!

• Reply Laura February 22, 2016 at 6:41 pm

i do love your dress collection! and all of these would be great additions to it, ha;-) i’ve been trying to downsize though, which isn’t that much fun! xx
    Laura recently posted…project 366: 046-052My Profile