I got me some glasses

DSC_0561

February 2016 is the month where I’ve changed basically everything in my life. I AM NEW EVERYTHING. New hair, new job, new face.

I’m reinventing myself, you see. Kind of. Maybe not.

A few weeks ago, I was at Hayley the Tea Party Beauty’s house when I robbed her glasses and put them on. Because I’m totally the type of person that if I see something I can put on my head or face somehow, then I’ll put it on my head or face.

So basically, I’m a child.

But a miracle happened. I put them on and I could see clearly!

I’ve always prided myself on having perfect vision. Apart from that one time when I was 8 and I tried to fake an eye test because a girl came to school in glasses and I thought it looked cool so I decided I wanted some.

DSC_0557Early in 2015, I was snowboarding with my housemate and I couldn’t read a sign on a wall. My housemate could and she casually mentioned that my eyes must be bad if I can’t see it. I didn’t think much of it because I just thought it was far away.

It wasn’t until my Pretty Little Liars obsession kicked in that I realised I have a problem.

You see, I don’t usually watch TV because I am basically the internet. We are one. Flicking through the TV guide, I was struggling to read the information on my 32inch TV. Also, whenever the characters got text messages I could barely read it. I would actually pause it, take a photo on my phone and read it that way. I still wasn’t sure if it’s because they TV was far away or poor quality. Or I was just tired or drunk or both.

But when I put Hayley’s glasses on, it all clicked into place.

I booked myself an eye test the next day and went into Spec Savers where I kind of felt like I was on a conveyer belt. Who knew that the opticians were like this? There were so many staff working and I kept getting passed from one person to the next. I had to look through a thingy and focus on a balloon. I had to give them my details. I had to see the optician who changed the lenses faster than I could tell him if it was better or worse or the same and suddenly I could see all the letters on the screen.

Then he took the funny glasses off me and everything was blurred again.

Then I had to see more people and one of them blew air in my eyes and it was the worst thing in the world. I told the women who did it I was never coming back.

Then I had to see more people and pick my glasses and they took photos of me wearing the glasses with an iPad and told me to come back in a week.

DSC_0558

So I came back in a week and then a women sat me down and got me to try the glasses on. She asked me if they they fit okay and I’m like I don’t know. The she started touching my ears and I was frightened. But she kind of smelt nice so it wasn’t the worst thing in the world.

But still, do not touch me.

The kept asking me if they sat right on my nose and I’m like I don’t know what I’m doing here you tell me. So she figured it out for me and bent them a bit.

And now I have glasses.

DSC_0560

My life is now in HD. It’s beautiful.

getting new glasses

getting new glasses

Also yeah I had to photoshop the sunglasses because it had a reflection of my bed which was a mess and I didn’t what you all to know I’m a slob. Even though you basically know now because I just admitted it. Good job a lot of you just look at the pictures. Loool πŸ˜€

#Keepingitreal.

What are you up to this weekend?

1. February 26, 2016 / 9:25 am

I remember the first time I got glasses, about 5 years or so ago now, and it was like someone had just switched all the lights in the world on. I knew I was struggling a bit but I didn’t realise just how blind I was until that moment. Even though I loved being able to see, I went through this whole self-conscious phase and would only wear them when I really really had to, i.e there was a risk of death if I didn’t. It took me about 2 years to get out of that phase but now they’re on my face 24/7, yes I’m the dick who occasionally even goes to bed in them, normal haha.

Your glasses suit you so much! And the best thing? You can see ALL the drinks behind the bar now πŸ˜€

Sarah πŸ™‚
    Sarah recently posted…iMusic PillowMy Profile

2. February 26, 2016 / 10:21 am

Should have gone to Specsavers πŸ˜‰ – you did! My eyesight is pretty blurry without my glasses. I’m meeting up with quite a few friends this weekend and trying to get fit

3. February 26, 2016 / 10:21 am

You look fab!! I remember the first time I put on my glasses, I was 14. I remember telling my mother that I can actually see the leafs in the tree and she was nearly in tears. After nearly 20 years (gosh I’m old) I couldn’t manage without them.
    Anca recently posted…5 minutes workoutMy Profile

4. February 26, 2016 / 1:20 pm

The way you write is so fun! And getting glasses is simultaneously so fun and so..horrifying? I think that’s the word. But you look adorable, so that’s all that matters!

Kiersten
    Kiersten recently posted…Day 26 :: Wake Up EarlyMy Profile

5. February 26, 2016 / 6:23 pm

At least you got some glasses! It’s much better than straining your eyes attempting to see. Bonus points since it’s also a new accessory! :]

// β–² itsCarmen.com β–²

6. February 26, 2016 / 8:23 pm

These glasses look lovely! I have a pair in the same colours πŸ™‚ It’s good to see the world in HD πŸ™‚
    Fatima recently posted…Independence Is Not LonelinessMy Profile

7. February 26, 2016 / 8:35 pm

I love both on you, Corinne, you look great, like a sexy, naughty librarian. I’ve been wearing glasses since I was 11 but thank goodness my eye sight never got worse and remained the same until today despite me rarely wearing my glasses.
    Shireen L. Platt recently posted…Let Me Get My Claws Out: Beauty Fails in MalaysiaMy Profile

8. February 28, 2016 / 2:57 am

I remember when I got my first pair of glasses, it was about two years ago and it felt like I could actually see clearly. Mine though are only when I need to look at things from a distance, mostly for driving.

9. February 28, 2016 / 3:04 am

They look good!!

10. February 28, 2016 / 9:40 am

I’m unfortunately the kind of peerson who’s guilty on needed to wear glasses and not wearing any at all. Not that I think I have a perfect vision, but I’m always too lazy to clean them and it’s a process that gets the best of me. But I am glad that it took Hayley for you to realize you had poor vision. Sometimes having them on just to read helps. And as someone who’s behind the computer alot, I know how worse by the minute our vision gets!

You look beautiful with both glasses on babe!

Ella x
    Ella Pinto recently posted…18 Things I wish I knew before I started bloggingMy Profile

11. February 28, 2016 / 4:11 pm

These glasses look really natural on you. I think it’s my turn next for glasses.

12. February 29, 2016 / 10:46 pm

Ha, love your sneaky dig at the “You just look at the pictures!” – I always have mess in the background of my photos- tis part of me! I need some too, so much is blurry- I had an eye test and needed some but never got around to it!x
    Kezzie recently posted…Navy talesMy Profile

13. March 1, 2016 / 1:05 pm

Isn’t it weird getting new glasses and have everything looking hd?! They look good on you.
    Katie recently posted…Books: March TBRMy Profile

14. March 3, 2016 / 9:45 am

I’ve had glasses since I was about 8 years old when I casually told my grandmother I couldn’t see if cars were coming so I just guessed when to cross the road. Funnily enough, she booked me in for an eye test the next day! What started out as glasses for long distance have become glasses for all the time as my sight is deteriorating all the time. Your new glasses are similar to my current ones in shape. Mine are a navy ish blue though! πŸ™‚ xo
    Aimee recently posted…February Favourites!My Profile