Glossybox February 2016 // YES IT’S A VALENTINES DAY THEME

Glossybox February 2016

YAY I love this time of year. Especially working in retail, love really is all around you with all the Valentines cards, all the cute fluffy bears and chocolates and this weekend I even get to create a wonderful flower display! Think of me on Friday morning, kids, I’ll be building the best the Valentines day flower display in the whole world. All those red roses in dozens, in singles and some even have glitter and shit on them.

There’s nothing like Valentines day to make you remember how unlovable and alone you are. YAY*.

So, on my day off yesterday, I was minding my own business. Submerging myself into the world of Pretty Little Liars in a feeble attempt to avoid thinking about my future alone with nothing but wine, cats and terrible internet (thanks Virgin Media) when I had a parcel delivered to my house.

Well, actually that’s lie. The postman left it at the neighbours because I wasn’t in. So I battled through the wind and rain to get it from a bearded man who has a stuffed fox in his living room 4 doors up.

I got my goods and then scurried home to the warmth of my house. Although it’s not really warm because the heating is shit and I spend most of my time wrapped in a One Direction blanket trying to warm more than just my heart.

I replace one of my housemates many coats with my dressing gown and opened the box to see my spoils.

To be faced with this:

DUN DUN DUUUUN

Glossybox February 2016

So yay*, now Valentine’s Day has managed to infiltrate itself into what was once the safety of my own home. And the Skinnedcartree (skinned cartree, if you’re [Google]).

I hate everyone.

Apart from you, I like you, you’re my special friend.

So, let’s see if this was worth all the doom it has caused me.

Glossybox February 2016

The Vintage Company Floral Slanted Tweezers // £8

YES I LOVE THESE. I always lose tweezers and these ones are so twee. She what I did there? I tried to make a joke but it didn’t really work. But let’s just with it.

Also, I need to sort my eyebrows out. I don’t know how some of you lot can fill your brows in every day. I’m lucky if I pluck mine. I generally just pluck them before a special occasion. Which is like, never.

Because nobody likes me and everybody hates me so let’s all go eat worms.

Glossybox February 2016

Wilkinson Sword Intuition Razor // £6.99

YES I LOVE THIS. Because I bought some reduced cartridges and when I got home, I realised they were for Wilkinson Sword instead of for the Venus razor. So it all worked out in the end. The idiot inside of me is pleased.

These are the ones that have the soap around them, which are probably the type that I avoid the most because it’s really hard to shave like, your knees and stuff because they are well bulky. Yes, well bulky is a term I am using. I am getting down with the South Yorkshire girl inside me.

I hope my reduced ones fit 😀

Glossybox February 2016

Naobay Protective Hair Mask Volume Conditioner // £10.64

YAY I LOVE THIS. Apart from the volume part. I have enough volume. But my hair is in such bad condition lately. It’s dry because of the winter and I really need something to nourish it. And cut it. I’ve not had my hair cut since May. That’s kind of gross.

I think this is the 3rd product I’ve had in Glossybox from Naobay. I’ve not used the others but maybe I should give them a go. Maybe. This means I probably won’t.

Glossybox February 2016

Nicka K 24 Hour Waterproof Eyeliner // £3.99

YAY I HATE THIS. It’s brown eyeliner and I never wear brown eyeliner. Only black. Like my future. But I might be open to change since my life is a disaster. To be honest, brown would probably suit me better as I’m quite fair.

It’s waterproof too so maybe I should start watching it when I watch the new Pretty Little Liars for when I get the feels. Sniff.

Glossybox February 2016

MUA Power Pout Glaze Low Voltage Gloss // £3.50

YAY I HATE THIS. I think lipgloss is for like, 13 year olds. Also the brush is weird and my hair would totally get stuck in it.

Plus I prefer the products I apply to my lips to be high voltage so I pass out for a bit, or at least until Valentines day is over.

Ok the end.

I really like the first three products. The eyeliner is meh and the lipgloss is dog shit. I wish they would stop putting gloss in the Glossybox. Petition to end all gloss, plz.

How’s your day? 🙂

*this post was sponsored by bitterness. All views are my own.

1. February 10, 2016 / 7:54 am

Hahaha I’m crying. Your on point with this one Corrine! Bitter much? You? Never….hahaha! Sorry, sort I’ll behave :P.

I can take or leave a gloss to be honest, but in these weathers it’s way too windy for gloss, even if my hair is tied up it finds a way to stuck uncomfortable to my mouth – gross.
    I’ve tried a few Naobay products in the past and they’ve been alrite, give it a go!

Sarah recently posted…Valentines Gift Box IdeasMy Profile

2. Jackie Harrison
    February 10, 2016 / 11:10 am

Love the items especially the tweezers perfect pattern.

3. February 10, 2016 / 2:54 pm

I hate lip gloss for the same reasons. My hair always gets stuck to my lips when I wear it so I’ve just given up. Brown eyeliner is actually quite nice for day wear.
    Rowena @ rolala loves recently posted…Currently CovetingMy Profile

4. February 10, 2016 / 3:33 pm

When I saw you liked the first three products, I thought “ok, this is going better than expected” and then I saw the forth and fifth product and was like, yup there it is. It’s true that lip gloss always gets sticky basically everywhere, which is why I use mostly lipsticks, but once in a while I just go for it (end up being annoyed at it for the rest of the day though).

Although that’s not the hair mask I’d use because my hair is pretty voluminous on its own, I’d really like to try that brand out!

Ella x
    Ella Pinto recently posted…How to get over being single on Valentine’s DayMy Profile

5. February 10, 2016 / 6:50 pm

I have love&hate relationship with glosses! I hate it when my hair stuck, and I love it when it makes my lip soft. Good luck building the best Valentine’s Day flower display 🙂 x
    Ela recently posted…MAC Ruby Woo for Perfect Valentine’s Day LipsMy Profile

6. February 10, 2016 / 7:46 pm

How is my day? Well, apart from sleep deprivation, and a million things to do, I am great — btw, this blog post made me laugh several times. Thanks.

7. February 10, 2016 / 11:31 pm

I love how candid you are! ‘The lip gloss is dog shit!’ classic Corinne line made in history right there! Ha ha!!!! I hate lip gloss too- urgh, nasty stufff!!!x
    Kezzie recently posted…Celli and butterfliesMy Profile

8. February 11, 2016 / 12:38 am

I love the look of this one because of the valentines theme. I am not usually into valentines day but I do love the decorations and the colours associated with the holidays since my style is so girly. Enjoy the flower displays at your work :P…and ending up alone isn’t so bad if you have a cat!

9. February 11, 2016 / 4:12 am

Love your review!! The floral tweezers are so pretty and stylish! I’m very particular about glosses, it has to look good on the inside and outside..otherwise yeah it looks like it’s for 13 year olds!

10. February 11, 2016 / 5:59 am

Awww, it can’t be that bad. You may never know when and where you are going to meet someone (I met my husband in a train 😀 ). The review is so funny, I love it. xx
    Anca recently posted…ShoreditchMy Profile

11. February 11, 2016 / 4:04 pm

Hilarious – loved it! I haven’t had a glossybox in ages – cupboard full of useless products!

12. February 12, 2016 / 10:11 pm

Well I love you and your sense of humour, there is someone out there for you Corinne and they will very lucky to have you remember that. Love finds us when we least expect it. I actually love this box especially the floral tweezers Lucy x
    Lucy recently posted…My Little Box January and FebruaryMy Profile

13. February 13, 2016 / 1:41 pm

I’m right there with you on Valentine’s Day, love. But at least you got some good stuff in the box, those tweezers are cute 🙂 I can’t wait til my Ipsy bag comes in even though it’s all pink and Valentine’s-ey

-Kaitlynn
    Kaitlynn Marie recently posted…My Favorite Instagram AccountsMy Profile

14. February 18, 2016 / 12:16 pm

For what it’s worth it’s not just you who hates Valentine’s Day. I’m coupled up and I hate it. There’s so much pressure, and I hate the general premise of it. And if you don’t get a ring/flowers/a 20 course meal on the day, you can guarantee everyone else will be. And they’ll be Instagramming that shit with the hashtag #blessed. Urgh. So yeah. Those tweezers are cute! I really need to try Glossybox! xo
    Aimee recently posted…An interview with…Bronagh!My Profile