The blush that broke is now perfect WHAT?

DSC_0622

Remember in January when my Glossybox included a smashed blusher/bronzer? YES ME TOO IT WAS DISTRESSING.

smashed bronzer

So yeah right, here’s the deal. When I got my hair cut last week, I decided that I should make the most my freshly blow hair (wait, what sounds odd, but let’s just go with it) and do some makeup reviews.

I looked through makeup drawers for things I wanted to review and came across this:

DSC_0620

I had no idea where it had come from. I could only think of the Glossybox, so I went back the January box and saw on the leaflet that yes, an Emite Artist Colour Powder Blush was in the box. But this wasn’t broken.

Feeling frightened, I double checked with my housemate to see if it was hers. It was not. She got the nail varnish, not the powder.

So I was a bit freaked out for a while and decided to just get on with the review.

Emite Artist Colour Powder Blush

This blush is in the shade 108. Emite Artist Colour Powder Blushes are a smooth formula and contains the mineral Mica, which gives off a stunning reflecting look.

I put this on my cheeks and boy, when they say it’s pigmented, IT’S PIGMENTED. I had to actually blot some of this off because it was really strong. It’s probably a bit too pigmented for my skin, as I’m an English rose and all, but if you’re wanting intense colour then you need to try this.

Emite Artist Colour Powder Blush

Although this is probably too much day to day use for me, it would be ideal for special occasions when I’m wanting a more dramatic look!

Oh, in the end I figured out that I actually got this in my August Glossybox, so there is no ghost in my house. Winner.

1. February 24, 2016 / 9:03 am

How weird is that haha. I think I remember reading that the blusher was in your friend’s box (not sure though) but this still wouldn’t explain the situation haha. Anyway, this blusher looks pretty good, I am probably a bit too pale for it too but I would love to use this in summer. 🙂 xx

113-things-to-say.blogspot.com
    Mira recently posted…Mother’s Day | 5 personal presentsMy Profile

2. Jackie Harrison
    February 24, 2016 / 11:13 am

The shade looks fabulous on you.

3. February 24, 2016 / 12:21 pm

haha finding something that was smashed completely “repaired” would scare me too! Glad you figured out where it came from in the end.

it is a lovely colour on you, even if it is bolder than you’d normally wear blush 🙂 I like blushes that need a little bit of build up as I’m usually so tired in the mornings I wear makeup that I can get too heavy handed!
    Mica recently posted…Jeanswest Maternity Bermuda Denim Shorts, Singlets, Kimonos and Rebecca Minkoff Mini MACsMy Profile

4. February 24, 2016 / 5:17 pm

I was going to say maybe the Borrowers fixed it for you! Lovely shade though. I’m a little weary of really pigmented blush but with some serious blending and maybe a mix in with my foundation I can usually calm them down somewhat! This actually looks great on you, I wouldn’t tone it down any more than you did!

Sarah recently posted…Nair Argan Oil Shower Power Hair Removal Cream ReviewMy Profile

5. February 24, 2016 / 7:46 pm

I’d so hate it if something get smashed before using it at least once! I really hate pigmented blushes, I end up applying so much then looking so colourful! This colour suits you, also I like your new hair style! x
    Ela recently posted…Peachy Cheeks with MAC Sheertone Shimmer BlushMy Profile

6. February 24, 2016 / 8:59 pm

Glad that there isn’t a ghost or that your not loosing the plot. It looks a very strong in colour but used lightly looks lovely Lucy X
    Lucy recently posted…My Little Box January and FebruaryMy Profile

7. February 25, 2016 / 2:33 am

Glad there is no ghost in your house! That blush is a nice color for special occasions 🙂

8. February 25, 2016 / 8:11 pm

Thank god there’s an explanation to what happened. I’d be thinking I started repairing makeup in my sleep or something!

Also, I love the color. It’s more bronze than pink!

Kiersten

9. February 27, 2016 / 5:55 am

Makeup this blog thing? Ghost makeup?
    But I do not know..
    what?

10. February 28, 2016 / 9:31 am

I agree with you – for day to day that’s a bit too dramatic because you have a really pale skin colour. But on those nights where it’s go big or go home, I think it’d look perfect on a more dramatic look. But how exciting is it to go through your makeup collection and finding something you had no idea you had? Ahahahah I’d be over the moon. It’s a bit like when you find money in your pocket.

Ella x
    Ella Pinto recently posted…18 Things I wish I knew before I started bloggingMy Profile