Posted on January 14, 2016

Winter Style // That Midi Skirt

style

midiskirt

Back in December, I attended the La Redoute Bloggers Christmas Party, where I selected a black midi skirt to take home. Since then, I’ve been thinking about how I can style it.

My wardrobe is basically 75% dresses, 14% workout clothes and 1% other things, which means I don’t own many tops to wear with it.

When I came across Paulie Clothing, I went straight to the Tops section where I found this lovely grey, short sleeved jumper below.

What I liked most about it, is that it’s the type of jumper you could style up or down depending on the occasion.

You can rock it casual with a plain skirt or jeans, or you could stick on a nice skirt and a pair of heels and wear it for a meal or for some drinks at the bar.

I couldn’t resist getting myself on ASOS and searching for midi skirts, partly because I kind of want a tulle skirt, and partly because um, I have no more excuses. I JUST REALLY WANT A TULLE SKIRT OKAY?

I actually ordered a couple off Amazon but I forgot that I had lost and cancelled my card (the same night as the La Redoute Party actually, damn open bar!) so they never came to me. I feel cheated. Especially after finding my card about 2 days after I cancelled it. Doh.

midi skirt

How would you style a midi skirt?

This post was written in collaboration with Paulie Clothing. All views are my own.

• Reply Candice January 14, 2016 at 8:23 am

I actually love midi skirts!! They are so cute and I don’t really like wearing short skirts they are super uncomfortable.

Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

• Reply KizzyDoll January 14, 2016 at 9:26 am

Love Midi skirts, these are gorgeous. Skirts that are too short annoy me really, so this length is just right!! x
    KizzyDoll recently posted…{Dainty Label Love} Boudoir QueenMy Profile

• Reply last year's girl January 14, 2016 at 10:11 am

If the pink tulle you posted is from Boohoo, I have it and it’s everything you’re hoping for. Buy it.

Sorry, I’m a professional no-help.
    last year’s girl recently posted…beauty review: billion dollar brows;My Profile

• Reply Suze The Luxury Columnist January 14, 2016 at 10:52 am

I’ve got my eye on a midi skirt and will probably wear it with a tight off the shoulder top, to balance it out!
    Suze The Luxury Columnist recently posted…Lords of the Manor – Your Perfect Luxury Address in the CotswoldsMy Profile

• Reply Jackie Harrison January 14, 2016 at 11:08 am

You will look great in those midi skirt Corrine lovely selection.

• Reply Kirsty January 14, 2016 at 12:33 pm

I’ve never bought a midi skirt as I was always scared they would make me look shorter than I am. However, after recently buying and LOVING a midi dress I think I may add some midi skirts to my wardrobe. That stripy one is gorgeous! I think It would look great with a thin roll neck jumper xx

• Reply Kylie Rodriguez January 14, 2016 at 3:03 pm

I love the midi skirt trend! Personally, I’d wear it with a simple cropped top. But that’s only because I live in hot, humid Philippines where jumpers are not really a ‘sane’ option lol.

Kylie Rodriguez recently posted…THE KYRO & STYLE MOBILE APP: Now Available For Apple Users!My Profile

• Reply Rowena @ rolala loves January 14, 2016 at 7:38 pm

I love tops like that. The minimal style is so classic and versatile.. And midi skirts are my favorite. I wore that length way before it became popular again.
    Rowena @ rolala loves recently posted…My Current Purse EssentialsMy Profile

• Reply Panty Buns January 14, 2016 at 7:52 pm

I LOVE the look of tulle skirts! My own taste would be to style a tulle skirt with a very lacy and frilly retro/vintage blouse having puffy shoulders and sleeves flared out a bit at the wrists and hem. All of the midi-skirts pictured above are beautiful. I can imagine them all looking beautiful with each styled differently, but all of them would look great styled with that grey short sleeved jumper from Paulie Clothing!
    Panty Buns recently posted…2016 No Pants Subway Ride and Thanks to CommentersMy Profile

• Reply Oksana Zolotukhina January 14, 2016 at 8:31 pm

I love to wear midi skirt! It looks really elegant and stylish. These skirts look adorable))
    Oksana Zolotukhina recently posted…Отзыв: «Пустышки» декабря. Прощаюсь навсегда или повторю покупку.My Profile

• Reply Ela January 14, 2016 at 8:51 pm

I actually like it on others but they don’t suit me (short girl problem… they just make me look even shorter!). I like the look of 1st and 3rd skirts, they are pretty and that top looks fab! x

• Reply Vicky January 14, 2016 at 9:06 pm

I mainly own dresses too but I’ve been loving midi skirts lately and wear them at the moment either with jumpers or with shirts. I actually ordered the tulle one in this post a few days ago! X

• Reply Rebeca January 14, 2016 at 9:53 pm

Well, I would suggest you combine it with something not too loose at the top like a crop top to create balance as volume down if you have the ideal is to not have volume up.

• Reply Lucy January 14, 2016 at 9:59 pm

Great choices, I love the skirt on others but it really does not suit me. It’s very versatile Lucy x
    Lucy recently posted…My Little BoxMy Profile

• Reply Eleanor January 14, 2016 at 10:57 pm

I’m ALL about tulle skirts. That’s all.
    E x

elleanorwears.com
    Eleanor recently posted…Interrailing: What they don’t tell youMy Profile

• Reply Akaleistar January 15, 2016 at 1:13 am

I love that tulle skirt! I’ve been wanting one, so this week I decided to make one. I’m hoping I can finish it this weekend 🙂
    Akaleistar recently posted…Influenster Jingle VoxBox ReviewMy Profile

• Reply Kimberly January 15, 2016 at 2:55 am

Depending on the skirt, Patterned or plain colored. I always like just a simple blouse tucked in with heels and minimalist jewelry.

• Reply Imogen January 15, 2016 at 5:52 am

These skirts are all perfect and totally my style. I’m wearing one similar today. It’s a little shorter than midi but has tulle and is floral. It’s great that you can literally wear them with anything- I’ve even worn them with my bomber jackets from adidas.
    Imogen recently posted…Central Coast Day 2My Profile

• Reply Alison January 15, 2016 at 1:32 pm

I love that jumper. I am terrible, I live in trousers. I really must make an effort to wear more skirts