I let TeaPartyBeauty Design My Skincare Routine

DSC_0607

You’ve probably noticed by now I hate my skin. I moan about how bad it is all the time and I’m getting increasingly frustrated that I’m almost 30 and still dealing with spots. I always thought that during my 20’s, I’d be enjoying lovely skin before the wrinkles start to show. But nope. This story is not true in the slightest. And it is one of my biggest frustrations.

I was doing my standard ‘blah blah blah moan moan’ to my friends not long ago, when Hayley from TeaPartyBeauty was like WOAH CORINNE. I’LL BRING YOU SOME SKINCARE.

You see, beauty blogger Hayley knows her shit and has the qualifications to prove it. She also gets sent samples a plenty so was able to knock me up a pretty kick ass skin care routine, which was pretty fantastic.

So before one our typical boozy meet ups, she handed over the goods and I was excited to get started. Or should I say, in typical blogger style, excited for when I had the time to photograph the products and THEN get started.

As you can tell from the baubles, I took the photos before Christmas but wanted to give it a few weeks before I posted about my new skincare routine.

DSC_0646

The Products:

The Directions

MORNING

Use the Salix Alba Apply to dry skin, massage in then remove with a flannel/cloth in hot water.
Apply the Balance Active Formula face cream and gently rub and pat it in.
Apply the Balance Snake Venom eye cream to where your eye socket bone is using your ring finger to pat it in.

EVENING

Use the Elemental cleanser on a night as it’s oil based to break down any makeup. Apply to dry skin, massage in then remove with a cloth/flannel in hot water.
Let your skin breathe without any products on for a little while (1 hour or so) then apply the Jurlique facial oil for overnight.

ONCE/TWICE A WEEK

Use the Caudalie face mask on oily/clogged areas. Don’t use it on any areas where you have dry flaky skin as it will make it worse. The mask will draw out any impurities and dry up excess oil.

WHEN NEEDED

Dab a tiny bit of the Luxit spot gel on to the spots with a clean finger when you can feel them coming up & when they are ‘up’ – no point once they have ‘popped’.

Jurlique Herbal Recovery Antioxidant Face Oil Luxsit Anti Blemish Gel Balance Active Formula 8 in 1 Salix Alba Cleanser Elemental Herbology Purify and Soothe Facial Cleansing Balm 75ml Caudalie Purifying Mask (75ml) Balance Snake Venom Eye Cream 15ml

The results.

YES. Though I have to admit I haven’t been consistent with everything, I’ve seen a massive improvement in my skin. I went about 2 weeks at one point with no new spot, but then ruined it after a boozy night out meant I didn’t take my makeup off – this then caused a few spots to appear.

Because of this, I’ve not really had chance to test out the anti-blemish gel.

I fell in love with two of the products: the Elemental Herbology Purify and Soothe Facial Cleansing Balm 75ml, which smells amazing and you really can feel it cutting through your makeup and the daily grim that gets built up on your face. The second product I loved was the Balance moisturiser, though it looks like it has been discontinued, so Hayley suggested I get the Balance Active Formula Dragons Blood Lifting Serum 30ml instead so I’ll be trying that next.

I really need to get better at using the face mask and the eye cream though!

Now I need to work on getting the ugly scars left from spots to fade, I’ve treated myself to some Heal Gel Face to help with that.

What products are in your skincare routine?

1. January 9, 2016 / 11:31 am

I really need to sort out my skin care routine! Such a shame about the balance moisturiser. I currently just use a few things from the body shop but I’m terribly lazy when it comes to taking my make up off every night!

2. January 9, 2016 / 11:50 am

Sounds good to me. I am 37 (!) and also dealing with spots all the time, it’s really frustrating 🙁 Every 6 weeks I have a treatment by a beautician and I used not too much make up and also clean my skin every night. I do use now products of Vichy.

3. January 9, 2016 / 12:18 pm

Glad the switch-up in your routine worked for you! I’m always nervous about trying anything different with the routine that works for me. I did that last year, tried a new product, and pushed on with it while it broke me out terribly, thinking it was one of those ‘make it worse before it gets better’ things. It was not, and I had to go buy an expensive new kit just to try reverse that damage. I’m back to my normal routine now and I’m going to stick with that before I work up the courage to try anything new again, haha!
    Mica recently posted…Second Trimester Evening Outfits: Jersey Maxi Dresses & Pregnancy Weight CommentsMy Profile

4. Jackie Harrison
    January 9, 2016 / 3:14 pm

So many great products to try.

5. January 9, 2016 / 3:50 pm

I used to hate my skin a lot, and also got a lot of spots when I worked in a chippy (as you can probably expect would happen.) Since leaving I started using a Tea Tree facial toner from Metal Panda and a Nivea Facial moisturiser and that’s the most I seem to need lately, my skin hasn’t been as dry/flaky/oily/idek so haven’t done much. I’m glad you’re seeing a difference 🙂 It’s a shame the Balance Moisturiser seems to be discontinued, I hope the Dragon’s blood lifting serum one works just as well for you!
    gail recently posted…Watching Star Wars Was A Horrible DecisionMy Profile

6. January 9, 2016 / 4:02 pm

What a lot of lovely goodies. There really is nothing better than finding skin care products that really work, especially when you can see the difference so quickly. Here’s hoping for a 100% blemish-free 2016!

7. January 9, 2016 / 6:21 pm

I desperately wanna start using a really good skincare routine! x
    missizziesite.wordpress.com

8. January 9, 2016 / 6:55 pm

I feel like everybody thinks when you hit your twenties you skin will be like BAM beautiful skin. But it isn’t for most of us 😛
    E x

elleanorwears.com
    Eleanor recently posted…2015 Beauty Wrap-upMy Profile

9. January 9, 2016 / 9:12 pm

This sounds like a really well thought-out routine, and I’m so glad it’s helping your skin. Remind me to ask Hayley for some recommendations! x

10. January 10, 2016 / 7:34 am

The caudalie mask is SO good. I love it! Sadly, after I came back from my trip I forgot where I put it! I’ve been trying to do masks 3-4 times a week to keep the moisture locked in!

11. January 10, 2016 / 4:49 pm

Love this routine, job well done Hayley! I find that when I really stick to my routine (and stop binging on Christmas chocolate!) my skin goes great, but as soon as I miss a few days of my regime I feel as though I’m right back at square one! My skin had actually been great up until a few days ago and now it’s like, ‘No Sarah, you will not be blemish free, take ALL the spots, take the ALL and enjoy it’. Stupid skin!

Sarah recently posted…#YogaCamp Update #2My Profile

12. January 10, 2016 / 6:26 pm

Yep, still getting spots at almost 35!!!! My skincare routine varies- some nights I wash with my Dermalogica Active cleanse gel, some evenings with some natural soap, other evenings I use some left over Micellar water which a friend was getting rid of (trying to use it up!) , sometimes I use toner (Hermfarmacy) and always use some natural moistuiser!x
    Kezzie recently posted…BlueMy Profile

13. January 10, 2016 / 9:55 pm

A very useful friend to have. My skin is very dry and I have the worst black bags even more so now I have a baby. Elemental do some wonderful products and the purifying mask would get my vote Lucy x
    Lucy recently posted…Birth StoryMy Profile