Posted on January 29, 2016

Degustabox January 2016

food/ lifestyle/ review

Degustabox January 2016

This is the OTHER January Degustabox. Hope you’re cool with that.

Degustabox January 2016 Crobar Peanut Crunch

Crobar Peanut Crunch

Ok, let’s get this over with.

This is made with cricket flour.

Yes, dead crickets.

It seems that the whole drinking dead fish thing has taught me a lesson, because I checked the ingredients!

But to be honest, I don’t think I’d be eating this even if I wasn’t a vegetarian. I don’t think I’m ever going to be eating insects. Sorry.

£2.25

Degustabox January 2016

Slim Noodles

I love slim Noodles! I actually had some today. They’re low calorie noodles and I love to eat them with soya mince and chilli con carne sauce. I have a more detailed post about them on my fitness blog here.

£2.49

Degustabox January 2016

Clarks Carob Fruit Syrup

This is a naturally sweet syrup that’s low in GI and it can be used to sweeten tea, coffee and baking.

It’s also suitable for vegetarians, vegans and diabetics. So wa-hoo!

£2.39

Degustabox January 2016 Degustabox January 2016

Amoy taste of Asia range.

I’m so excited to try this, I’ll be making some vegetable curries with slim noodles on the side for sure.

Thai green is one of my favourites, too.

£1.79

Degustabox January 2016

Tsingtao

This is a well known brand, it’s the finest beer in China but I’ve never tried this easy to drink pilsner, but it’s 100% the type of beer I would go for.

£2

Degustabox January 2016

Jordans Country Crisp

This brand is known for it’s healthy cereals full of fruit and nuts and this is one of the flavours of the popular Country Crisp range. It’s packed full of light and crunchy oat clusters.

£2.69

Degustabox January 2016

Conscious Chocolate

Organic, vegan and gluten free – this chocolate is much better for you than your basically bar of Dairy Milk.

They come in free flavours – Plain Jane, which is the original bar. Intense, which is a dark chocolate and Chili Hot flavour, which is exactly what it sounds like.

£3

Degustabox January 2016

Coldpress

This apple juice is made from golden delicious apples. It is high in vitamin C and other nutrients and antioxidants.

£1.40

Degustabox January 2016

Yushoi

These have ruined my life. I love them. I want to eat them all. I opened them and couldn’t put them down. I love salty goodness and THIS IS SO MUCH SALTY GOODNESS.

They are a baked rice snack made using green beans and have only 99 calories a service. If you can control yourself to just have one serving..

Also suitable for vegetarians and vegans. They’re also nut and diary free.

£2

Degustabox January 2016

Finn Crisp

These have been in the Degustabox before, a great alternative to bread. You can read my post about Crisp bread toppings here.

£1.20

Degustabox January 2016

If you want your own, you can get a massive £6 off the box using the discount code: BLDEG15

So pop over to Degustabox and get yourself one.

• Reply Anca January 29, 2016 at 8:56 am

Ahh, the cricket flour. It’s a sustainable solution for world hunger, but it’s not something I would eat (and I would have said that before becoming veggie). There is a bug in our food, some of the red food colouring (cochineal). I will work on my post about things that aren’t vegetarian and I will try to publish it next week, it’s something I planned for a while now.
    Anca recently posted…The Happiness TagMy Profile

• Reply Candice January 29, 2016 at 10:13 am

I have used the taste of Asia sauce before and its awesome to make your own noodles with

Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

• Reply Jackie Harrison January 29, 2016 at 11:26 am

So many food goodies the fruit syrup caught my interest.

• Reply Sophie January 29, 2016 at 12:02 pm

I’ve been looking at signing up top Degustabox for a while now and I think you have just swayed me (minus the cricket thing…) I want to start cooking better meals for myself and eating fresher, healthier snacks and this looks like the perfect box to do so.

Sophie x

• Reply Suze The Luxury Columnist January 29, 2016 at 12:18 pm

I might actually try the cricket flour bar if I was handed one at an event, though I’d never eat actual crickets! The Conscious chocolate sounds good
    Suze The Luxury Columnist recently posted…A Fantastic Flavour of Jersey: Ocean Restaurant at One-O-OneMy Profile

• Reply Claire January 29, 2016 at 1:46 pm

I’m sorry but I couldn’t read the rest of this post because I needed a lie down in a darkened room at the thought of cricket flour! It sounds like something that’d be on I’m a Celeb!

Eventually I recovered enough to see the mention of Finn bread – it’s called knäckebröd here in Sweden and I’m addicted. I almost don’t miss baguette any more… almost 😉

• Reply eden January 29, 2016 at 2:29 pm

Crickets? I don’t think that would sound very good. I remember when eating insects used to be popular, but I never bothered to try it (cricket in a lollipop, etc.) I love Jordan’s cereal, it’s great over yogurt too. I’d be curious to know how that Thai green curry sauce tastes, I love Thai food!

• Reply Mica January 30, 2016 at 4:10 am

I’m all for finding gluten free flour alternatives, but I think I’d have a hard time eating the cricket flour bar too. Insects creep me out so I can’t stomach the thought of eating them! TsingTao beer is good – I’m sure you’ll like it! I don’t drink alcohol but we always have some for BBQs – it’s very popular here! I actually think there might still be a bottle in our fridge, ha!
    Mica recently posted…Fun Novelty Tees To Wear in Pregnancy and a Giveaway: #StrugglesBookMy Profile

• Reply Oksana Zolotukhina January 30, 2016 at 7:22 pm

such a lovely and inspiring post! Sounds like something I would really love to try.
    Oksana Zolotukhina recently posted…Отзыв: Увлажняющий очищающий крем для душа Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue.My Profile

• Reply sgrmse. January 31, 2016 at 2:43 am

ALWAYS MY FAVE POST!!! degustabox! whoooop. #fatlyf

holler back, malaysia mention! :’D can’t wait to see what you cook up, c!
    sgrmse. recently posted…PROXYMy Profile

• Reply Bernadette February 1, 2016 at 10:57 am

Great post.

Bernadette recently posted…Bh Cosmetics Sculpt and Blend 10 Pc makeup brush setMy Profile

• Reply Lucy February 3, 2016 at 11:34 pm

I really love cold press. The degustabox is a great way to try new things, not sure about the crickets though! Lucy x
    Lucy recently posted…A love affair with DiptyqueMy Profile