#socialbloggers 81 // Books

DSC_0138

Books books books. I’ve been a fan of books since I was really young – I had a slight obsession with the Goosebumps series, and the rip off versions you could get from pound shops. One was called Shivers and there was another that had 3 stories all in one – all ghost stories, of course. I’ve always been a bit of a creep and into creepy stuff!

The paranormal, aliens, ghosts, vampires, witches, wizards..

This also reflects in my choice of movies and video games. I’m a total scary movie, thriller, psychological drama, fantasy nut.

Of course I read and loved all the Harry Potter books when the first came out, same with the Hunger Games books, I skipped out on Twilight due to the poor story and writing and BELLA AND EDWARD ARE SO ANNOYING.

I’ve read a few of the Stephen King books, too, and I’d love to get into some more of his! As well as Chuck Palahinuk. I’ve read 3 of his books so far and Invisible Monsters has to be my favourite. His books are disgusting, clever and raw. He has a way of really getting into the nitty gritty of human nature and each page seems full of double meanings.

Other books I’ve been into lately are books that inspire – Girl Boss, The Happiness Project, The Power of Habit.. books that push me to push myself, that fill me with inspiration and fuel me to push towards my dreams, those are the books I’ve been consuming mostly this year. Mainly by audiobook on my commute to work.

I’ve just started the Dark Tower series by Stephen King, which will keep me occupied for a long tim as there are quite a few books in the series!

What are your favourite books?

DSC_0136

Q1: What are some of your favorite quotes from your favorite books?

Q2: What did you recently read? and how was that – yay or nay?

Q3: If you were given a chance to write a book – what would you write about/choose as main topic?

Q4: Is there any book you consider “life-changing” or “eye-opening” or just too inspiring?

Q5: What are you currently reading (a book you haven’t finished yet)? Can you predict how it will end?

1. Candice
    November 23, 2015 / 7:54 am

To be honest I haven’t been reading lately- I definitely want to read girl boss

Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

2. November 23, 2015 / 8:24 am

I’ve also read the power of habit not long ago and found it quite interesting. Although I love reading this year has been terrible. I’ve read Dan Brown’s inferno which I found quite interesting and then I am Malala which is inspiring. I’m reading world war z which was recommended by my bf and I have to say really good fun to read because it’s done based on interviews sequenced with the plot of events. Something I wouldn’t read normally but I’m enjoying it
    MissLilly recently posted….: A few thoughts :.My Profile

3. Jackie Harrison
    November 23, 2015 / 12:18 pm

Girl boss interesting book like great topic to bring up.

4. November 23, 2015 / 5:12 pm

I prefer the classics and any fashion-related tomes. If I had to pick a favourite or two, I’d go for Nabokov’s Lolita, Sagan novels, Gumilyov’s poetry and anything by Coelho. x
    Natalia recently posted…ReflectingMy Profile

5. November 23, 2015 / 7:51 pm

Definitely Alice and Wonderland! Though I do like reading the classics as well. Currently reading Confessions of a Sociopath which is very interesting!

Ash | Liakada
    Liakada Travel recently posted…Dinner at Mari Vanna LondonMy Profile

6. November 23, 2015 / 9:29 pm

I love an audiobook, would love to purchase one of these to inspire me. I love that you included these tweets, plenty of recommendation, thank you

kimiandme.blogspot.co.uk
    christina recently posted…A FEW THINGSMy Profile

7. November 24, 2015 / 8:27 am

I used to devour books as a child not so much now. Favourites used to be Point Horrors and to be honest if I was to write a book it would probably be in the same vein Lucy x
    Lucy recently posted…What’s in my hospital bag?My Profile

8. November 24, 2015 / 7:23 pm

This is a very interesting topic. At the moment I’m reading a biography of Michael Schumacher, very exciting for an F1 fan, but not for the rest of the world :))
    Anca recently posted…Liverpool Christmas marketMy Profile