Essential Items You Need To Survive This Winter

Essential Items You Need To Survive This Winter

Life is pretty sweet right now. When I say right now, I mean RIGHT THIS INSTANT. I’m writing this post laid my warm kingsize bed with a cup of tea, Whatsapping my friends and browsing on the line.

In a few hours, it’s not going to be so sweet. I have to venture outside, you see. And outside isn’t very nice.

I’m not sure if it’s colder this year, or that I’m just being less of a hermit and actually have some sort of a social life this winter – but damn, it’s cold. I usually just hop from my house to car, from my car to work then back. But I’ve been doing crazy stuff like walking to local pubs, getting public transportation (DOOM) into the city centre and meeting other hoomans to be all social.

It’s becoming pretty clear that I’m not prepared for cold what so ever. I’ve had the same coat for years, my go to shoes are black ballet pumps that let water in and I only own dresses and skirts.

While looking through the winter coat section on HoF, it got me in the mood to do a survival guide around what you need to get you through this winter. So here we are.

Essential Items You Need To Survive This Winter

First up, the coats. Long coats that look cute but also keep you warm – I love a nipped in waist! Then we’ve got to think about our hands – gloves! But not just any gloves – gloves that let you use your touch screen phone so you can Tweet away while waiting for the bus without getting your hands cold.

Boots are a must for keeping your feet warm and dry and an oversized blanket scarf is always needed. LOLOLOL I stole Hayley’s and I’m NOT GIVING IT BACK.

A coffee cup is a great idea – I use mine all the time in winter so I can have tea during my hour car journey to work.  I’ve included the hat because DUH HATS. Also time to swap out the standard tights for a warmer wool version to keep those pins warm.

aannnnnd my work here is done.

What are your winter essentials?

1. Jackie Harrison
    November 29, 2015 / 12:15 pm

Cool items and yes these essential are a must have in the winter.

2. November 29, 2015 / 2:09 pm

These are also my essentials too! I like wearing dress/skirt with my ballet pumps then I am freezing, so it is best to keep myself warm! You can always wear your dresses under a nice thick coat which will keep you warm 🙂 I need a new pair of Chelsea boots!

Ela recently posted…KIKO Intensely LavishMy Profile

3. November 29, 2015 / 4:58 pm

Hand warmers! I’m sure you featured them in a post not too long ago but they are perfect for winter! I usually snap them and pop one in each glove if I’m doing something outdoorsy for a while and don’t need to carry anything!

Sarah recently posted…The Ultimate Christmas Fair – LiverpoolMy Profile

4. November 29, 2015 / 6:59 pm

I swear it has got colder this year haha although I’m thinking I’m also just venturing out more than normal.

All these essentials are spot on, warm long coats with nipped in waists are my fave xx

5. November 29, 2015 / 8:09 pm

Haha. I had to buy new boots as well. My other ones had nearly no sole anymore and got slippery which is no good when there’s snow or lots of rain!
    I love that coffee cup. It looks too cute 🙂

I also have ordered a hat like that one in the upper picture – with ears. Haha. But it’s only black. Black with ears. Can’t wait to wear it. 🙂

Sassy xx
    Sassy recently posted…Christmas ExcitementMy Profile

6. November 30, 2015 / 4:06 pm

I loved this! I’m exactly the same as you, I always wear ballet pumps and then wonder why my feet are constantly cold and wet. I need to invest in a good pair of boots to wear! I bought a Starbucks mug in Disney World and I can’t wait to use it on my journey to work!

7. December 1, 2015 / 4:35 am

I want a cute, white beanie for my collection 😀 actually anything white as snow would do.
    Arianne recently posted…Food: Nakd Bars | AdMy Profile

8. December 1, 2015 / 4:19 pm

Love the boots and hat. My essentials are the hand warmers that last for about eight hours I have awful arthritis so they do wonders Lucy x
    Lucy recently posted…Christmas Drinks ChallengeMy Profile

9. December 1, 2015 / 6:27 pm

Goose down coats are a revelation in terms of warmth for me! And yes, blanket scarves. I have a 10foot Dr who one which is great for that. Speaking of which, oh my, did you see it?????? I so think Missy is going to be involved!!!!!Xx
    kezzie recently posted…5 brooches part 10- wearing mostly me-made!My Profile

10. lanyding
    December 2, 2015 / 2:17 am

These things look so warm. They are suitable for cold winter.

11. December 2, 2015 / 6:35 pm

A good cup of coffee is essential in all seasons, but especially winter! I’ve been on two or three cups a day, it’s been getting a little ridiculous! Loved this post.
    Brooke recently posted…getting glowing skin at home and on the goMy Profile

12. December 10, 2015 / 12:59 pm

those gloves are sweeeeet! i love these and totally want to cop me a pair! link: http://bit.ly/21RpfEA

if you’re ever in london, let’s meet xx