Posted on November 29, 2015

Essential Items You Need To Survive This Winter

style

Essential Items You Need To Survive This Winter

Life is pretty sweet right now. When I say right now, I mean RIGHT THIS INSTANT. I’m writing this post laid my warm kingsize bed with a cup of tea, Whatsapping my friends and browsing on the line.

In a few hours, it’s not going to be so sweet. I have to venture outside, you see. And outside isn’t very nice.

I’m not sure if it’s colder this year, or that I’m just being less of a hermit and actually have some sort of a social life this winter – but damn, it’s cold. I usually just hop from my house to car, from my car to work then back. But I’ve been doing crazy stuff like walking to local pubs, getting public transportation (DOOM) into the city centre and meeting other hoomans to be all social.

It’s becoming pretty clear that I’m not prepared for cold what so ever. I’ve had the same coat for years, my go to shoes are black ballet pumps that let water in and I only own dresses and skirts.

While looking through the winter coat section on HoF, it got me in the mood to do a survival guide around what you need to get you through this winter. So here we are.

Essential Items You Need To Survive This Winter

First up, the coats. Long coats that look cute but also keep you warm – I love a nipped in waist! Then we’ve got to think about our hands – gloves! But not just any gloves – gloves that let you use your touch screen phone so you can Tweet away while waiting for the bus without getting your hands cold.

Boots are a must for keeping your feet warm and dry and an oversized blanket scarf is always needed. LOLOLOL I stole Hayley’s and I’m NOT GIVING IT BACK.

A coffee cup is a great idea – I use mine all the time in winter so I can have tea during my hour car journey to work.  I’ve included the hat because DUH HATS. Also time to swap out the standard tights for a warmer wool version to keep those pins warm.

aannnnnd my work here is done.

What are your winter essentials?

• Reply Iga Berry November 29, 2015 at 9:05 am

Hat and mug are seriously cute! Thanks for sharing, I always like to read posts like this one. I’m so happy to connect with you! Add me at: https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/igaberry-13323143 & https://instagram.com/igaberry/ Have a lovely day, Iga x
    Iga Berry recently posted…Bill’s in WorcesterMy Profile

• Reply Mica November 29, 2015 at 11:27 am

I have to agree with a good winter coat – I only have 2 but that’s all I need here in Queensland. And scarves, lots and lots of scarves! Even though it doesn’t snow here I still like bundling up in scarves to stay cosy 🙂
    Mica recently posted…Jeanswest New Tribe Collection – Sea Glass Green and Maternity ShortsMy Profile

• Reply Jackie Harrison November 29, 2015 at 12:15 pm

Cool items and yes these essential are a must have in the winter.

• Reply Ela November 29, 2015 at 2:09 pm

These are also my essentials too! I like wearing dress/skirt with my ballet pumps then I am freezing, so it is best to keep myself warm! You can always wear your dresses under a nice thick coat which will keep you warm 🙂 I need a new pair of Chelsea boots!

Ela recently posted…KIKO Intensely LavishMy Profile

• Reply Sarah November 29, 2015 at 4:58 pm

Hand warmers! I’m sure you featured them in a post not too long ago but they are perfect for winter! I usually snap them and pop one in each glove if I’m doing something outdoorsy for a while and don’t need to carry anything!

Sarah recently posted…The Ultimate Christmas Fair – LiverpoolMy Profile

• Reply Suze - Luxury Columnist November 29, 2015 at 6:32 pm

Loving the red coat, I do have quite a similar one! I swear by lip balm and a wool hat in Winter
    Suze – Luxury Columnist recently posted…Butler’s Wharf & Le Pont de la TourMy Profile

• Reply Kirsty November 29, 2015 at 6:59 pm

I swear it has got colder this year haha although I’m thinking I’m also just venturing out more than normal.

All these essentials are spot on, warm long coats with nipped in waists are my fave xx

• Reply Sassy November 29, 2015 at 8:09 pm

Haha. I had to buy new boots as well. My other ones had nearly no sole anymore and got slippery which is no good when there’s snow or lots of rain!
    I love that coffee cup. It looks too cute 🙂

I also have ordered a hat like that one in the upper picture – with ears. Haha. But it’s only black. Black with ears. Can’t wait to wear it. 🙂

Sassy xx
    Sassy recently posted…Christmas ExcitementMy Profile

• Reply Arya November 29, 2015 at 10:50 pm

Thanks for sharing, I love the red coat. I need my thermal cup all the time!

• Reply Jemma November 30, 2015 at 4:54 am

Fingerless gloves are my jaaaaaaaaaammmmm!
    Jemma recently posted…Blogging Babes Of NovemberMy Profile

• Reply krithi November 30, 2015 at 1:06 pm

we dont have proper winter in the place I live
    but I can imagine how these are so essential for you 🙂
    krithi recently posted…Chilling Like a Boss in Masaba Cone Print Top ;-))My Profile

• Reply Sian November 30, 2015 at 4:06 pm

I loved this! I’m exactly the same as you, I always wear ballet pumps and then wonder why my feet are constantly cold and wet. I need to invest in a good pair of boots to wear! I bought a Starbucks mug in Disney World and I can’t wait to use it on my journey to work!

• Reply Oksana Zolotukhina November 30, 2015 at 8:05 pm

I really need these items! Great post Thanks for sharing Corinne))
    Oksana Zolotukhina recently posted…Отзыв: Омолаживающий крем AHA cream KARIN HERZOG.My Profile

• Reply Arianne December 1, 2015 at 4:35 am

I want a cute, white beanie for my collection 😀 actually anything white as snow would do.
    Arianne recently posted…Food: Nakd Bars | AdMy Profile

• Reply Lucy December 1, 2015 at 4:19 pm

Love the boots and hat. My essentials are the hand warmers that last for about eight hours I have awful arthritis so they do wonders Lucy x
    Lucy recently posted…Christmas Drinks ChallengeMy Profile

• Reply kezzie December 1, 2015 at 6:27 pm

Goose down coats are a revelation in terms of warmth for me! And yes, blanket scarves. I have a 10foot Dr who one which is great for that. Speaking of which, oh my, did you see it?????? I so think Missy is going to be involved!!!!!Xx
    kezzie recently posted…5 brooches part 10- wearing mostly me-made!My Profile

• Reply lanyding December 2, 2015 at 2:17 am

These things look so warm. They are suitable for cold winter.

• Reply Brooke December 2, 2015 at 6:35 pm

A good cup of coffee is essential in all seasons, but especially winter! I’ve been on two or three cups a day, it’s been getting a little ridiculous! Loved this post.
    Brooke recently posted…getting glowing skin at home and on the goMy Profile

• Reply sgrmse. December 10, 2015 at 12:59 pm

those gloves are sweeeeet! i love these and totally want to cop me a pair! link: http://bit.ly/21RpfEA

if you’re ever in london, let’s meet xx