Christmas Gifting // Novelty vs Classic

Christmas gift ideas

Buying gifts for people isn’t always easy. I often find myself stuck between wanting to buy something a present that’s funny, but then again I want to buy a gift that is also useful!

House of Fraser have put together a few Christmas edits, one of those being Kitsch v Classic Novelty Gifting where two style rebels debate the pros and cons of going kitsch vs classic.

I personally prefer kitsch gifts – but that’s because I’m the type of person that will just buy myself something if I want it, so there’s not really much I need #brat. I love funny gifts, especially if they stroke my inner geek! But there is a great point raised in the edit about how novelty gifts tend to just get left at the back of the closet!

So you’ve probably guessed by now that I’m not going to share another gift guide! One full of kitsch gifts and one with classic gifts.

I seriously should just start a Christmas blog. christmascartree. Is there even such a thing as a Chirstmas blog? #xmasbloggers.

Anyway, here are the guides.

Kitsch Gift Guide

Christmas gift ideas

Classic Gift Guide

Christmas gift ideas

Which item would you prefer to get?

1. Jackie Harrison
    November 11, 2015 / 11:12 am

Great selection of items to give as gift.

2. November 11, 2015 / 11:43 am

Lovely post! I also love kitsch!!! :))

3. Danny
    November 11, 2015 / 1:30 pm

I would be extremely pleased if somebody got me that gold thing in the top left.

• Danny
      November 11, 2015 / 1:31 pm

Is it a lampshade or something?

4. November 11, 2015 / 2:46 pm

It’s difficult to know what to buy people whether they prefer a practical gift or something fun that they wouldn’t buy themselves. I always opt for something pampampering as a safe bet Lucy x

5. November 11, 2015 / 7:06 pm

If I know I’m not going to get something that the person I’m gifting for absolutely loves, I think I’m just going to get gift cards this year. As a minimalist, I’m trying to only keep things that I love and not hoard (too many) items. I don’t like feeling bad when I don’t love my gifted item and will probably donate it and I would hate for others to be burdened by my gift as well. I’m totally taking back the notion that gift cards are lame! :p

<3 Trou
    Wildflower
    Trou recently posted…Casual Stripes: An Everyday Classic AffairMy Profile

6. November 11, 2015 / 9:15 pm

Kitsch wins it for me, I always find fun kitsch gifts to actually be more personal than a traditional gift! More thought goes into them, whereas traditional ones are kinda ‘easy’ presents that you can buy and give without really having to think

Sarah recently posted…Christmas at the Metquarter – LiverpoolMy Profile