#socialbloggers 76 // Journaling

journal

I’ve always wanted to be someone who writes in a journal and throughout childhood, I’ve attempted many times. It never really stuck, though – but I still wished I would be one of those girls that would sit in bed at night and write about my day before going to sleep.

It’s hard going though. Especially when you’re just an average girl in an average school in an average town and nothing really happens worth writing about!

I guess when I was younger, I was inspired to write in journals from TV shows movies, when one of the characters would keep a diary. Of course, in these shows I watched, these girls had secrets and exciting things happen. Not me! I got bored after a few evenings of writing about myself and stopped.

I have one diary now, and to be honest, I only write it in moments of distress. Haha. It’s pretty emo and I’ve had it since I was 20 and it as about 40 entries between then and now!

Do you journal?

typewriter-801921_1920

Q1: Do you keep a journal? How do you maintain it?

Q2: Where do you look for journaling inspirations? Share some creative resources with us!

Q3: Show us your journals!!! If you don’t have one, you can just have some inspirations today.

Q4: Do you have any tips on how to keep writing/maintaining a journal? What made you start keeping one?

1. October 19, 2015 / 8:01 am

I’ve been journalling since about 17/18. When I loved at home I journaled every night before bed but since moving in with my Mr it’s become much more difficult. I know he wouldn’t want to read my ramblings but the act of sitting there and pouring my neurotic thoughts out whilst he is laying next to me just doesn’t work!

I jump into journalling from time to time but can go a whole month now without doing so. I DO however have one of those 5 year 1 line a day diaries that I manage to keep up with! It cuts down on the rambling that’s for sure!

I would love to be one of those more visual, collage journalists but mine never look as good as they do on Instagram!

Sarah recently posted…*Fashion ConfidenceMy Profile

2. October 19, 2015 / 10:32 am

The only diary (journal sounds American) I’ve kept is the year I was in Oz, that’s one of my proud moments, keeping it up for a year! Granted sometimes I didn’t write for weeks but that was when I was stationed in one place.
    But other than that I struggle to even put appointments/events in my normal diary! xx
    Amy recently posted…The unseen account of going to the Bloggers Blog AwardsMy Profile

3. Jackie Harrison
    October 19, 2015 / 11:31 am

I keep my journal on my bedside and write in about my days or a poem that I thought of I feel I do it more since is on my night stand than when I started a diary in my teens I wrote about adventures in school but not consistent like I do now.

4. October 19, 2015 / 5:04 pm

I’ve tried writing a journal before but it just never made it into a habit, I’m just too easily distracted and usually gave up within a couple of weeks. Wish I did though, would have been interesting to read back and take a hike down memory lane.

ps: Loving your new blog layout!
    Shireen L. Platt recently posted…Creating Beautiful Memories with DemeterMy Profile

5. October 19, 2015 / 7:23 pm

Having a journal can be therapeutic, but I never managed to keep it for long.
    Anca recently posted…V&AMy Profile

6. October 19, 2015 / 9:25 pm

I had a few attempts to keep a journal however I couldn’t do it. Also it is really hard if you have a brother who sneaks in your stuff!

7. October 20, 2015 / 7:48 am

Blogging is like having a journal, finding inspiration comes from all around. I find it a challenge to mix up content as I write about things I’m interested in and want to share Lucy x
    Lucy recently posted…Morning sickness the survival guideMy Profile