Posted on October 8, 2015

#BloggersBlogAwards // The Event

lifestyle

#BloggersBlogAwards

Woo! As most of you probably know, the #BloggersBlogAwards was last Saturday.

#BloggersBlogAwards

I was shortlisted by a some of you for Best Longstanding Lifestyle blog – which was an absolute honour! I didn’t win my category, but I wasn’t expecting to being up against a few bigger, full time bloggers!

At least I didn’t have to get up and do a speech, I’m a total idiot and would have messed it up completely. So a massive congrats to Hannah Gale who won our category! It’s not a surprise to me that she won – she really gets it when it comes to writing those relatable, funny posts. There are many times I’ve read through many of her posts and thought ‘YUP THIS IS ME’ and smiled. Totally deserved!

Here, hold my hand. Let me take you through the days events.

#BloggersBlogAwards

I arrived at the venue, Lamberts Yard, at 12pm to help Hayley set up. Jess and I took the lift up to the right floor and brought all the goody bags, raffle prizes and such into the room.

We weren’t there long until we decided to crack open the champers! Thank goodness for Sharons bravery as I was way too wimpy to open it.

#BloggersBlogAwards

We then spent the next hour or so arranging the chairs, putting balloons around the room and setting up the table of raffle prizes.

I can’t believe how well Hayley did with getting all these products to give away!

#BloggersBlogAwards #BloggersBlogAwards #BloggersBlogAwards #BloggersBlogAwards #BloggersBlogAwards #BloggersBlogAwards #BloggersBlogAwards #BloggersBlogAwards

I had an argument with the tall sign trying to put it up, but thankfully we managed to sort it out in the end.

How many bloggers does it take to put up a sign? 3 apparently.

#BloggersBlogAwards

#BloggersBlogAwards

I snuck in a few outfit posts before people started to arrive, then people started coming.

A couple of us went downstairs to look in the shop below and get a glass of prosecco, when we came back upstairs it was like WHAT HAS HAPPENED? The place was FULL of bloggers – about 60 people all excited, laughing, screaming, talking, having fun. It was amazing that so many people came all the way across the country for the awards in Leeds! Things like this usually happen in London so it was a wonderful change.

I completed a life long dream, which was to meet Sarah. I’m not even joking guys. I also say that Amy was tweeting from the venue and was like WTF YOU ARE HERE SHOW YOURSELF.

It was also lovely to catch up with people I’ve met before – Angela (The Awkward Blog) and Katy (Little Miss Katy) who I met London at WebWeWant fest and some other Leeds bloggers.

Then there was Dorkface. Who accepted BOTH her awards in the most adorable ways. SHIT. She said. It was cute. Trust me. I’ve not really spoken to her much prior to the awards, but now we’re bezzie mates. She just doesn’t know it yet.

I also almost cried when Hello Miss Jordan won as she cried then I wanted to cry and it was emosh.

#BloggersBlogAwards#BloggersBlogAwards #BloggersBlogAwards #BloggersBlogAwards

After the awards had been announced it was time for the raffle.

I managed to win two prizes, a skincare set and a small hipflask. It was a lot of fun and some bloggers were giving some of their prizes are to others, which was a lovely gesture.

#BloggersBlogAwards #BloggersBlogAwards

After the raffle ended, people started to leave and we started the sad task of cutting the balloons down, taking down the sign of doom and taking things back down in the lift.

Then we went over to meet about 30 other people in a bar called The Black Swan. It was great to catch up with people I wasn’t able to talk to throughout the event! We then went to a few bars and had beers until 1am.

I had work the next morning and really struggled to get through the day, but it was worth it!

#BloggersBlogAwards #BloggersBlogAwards #BloggersBlogAwards

Also a special thanks has to go out to Erica and Shaun of Talented Talkers who sponsored the event. You can view their  behind the scenes blog post on the event on the Talented Talkers blog.

• Reply Rhiannon October 8, 2015 at 7:31 am

wow, looks like a wonderful event! Would’ve love to have met so many bloggers 🙂 xx

• Reply Candice October 8, 2015 at 8:10 am

Looks like such a cool event

Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

• Reply Sophie October 8, 2015 at 9:46 am

This looks like SUCH a fun day! And I really love your dress 🙂

Sophie Cliff
    Sophie recently posted…An Autumn/Winter Bucket ListMy Profile

• Reply Jessica October 8, 2015 at 11:28 am

Yayyyyyy it was so much fun! You definitely spoke to way more people than me though, I still feel really guilty about this.

SO EXCITED FOR NEXT YEAR

(You should have won)

Jessica recently posted…“Don’t let the muggles get you down”My Profile

• Reply Jackie Harrison October 8, 2015 at 11:31 am

Is so nice to be a part of this event everyone looks great and is good to get recognition for your hard work you might not this year hopefully next year will be your turn.

• Reply Missy May October 8, 2015 at 12:22 pm

Just getting nominated alone means you’re a winner. 🙂
    Looks like it was a fun event. Thanks for sharing. 🙂

• Reply Melissa October 8, 2015 at 1:29 pm

Congrats! 🙂 What an amazing experience that must have been.

M xx
    Lois Lennon
    Melissa recently posted…Night FilmMy Profile

• Reply Anca October 8, 2015 at 2:11 pm

Seems like you had a wonderful time. It’s a shame you didn’t win the award, but just being a nominee it’s amazing x
    Anca recently posted…The Great British Bake Off, bake alongMy Profile

• Reply Stacey Louise Barber October 8, 2015 at 3:44 pm

Sounds like it was an amazing time!
    Fix Me In Forty Five – A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
    Blog Lovin’ // Instagram
    xx
    Stacey Louise Barber recently posted…My Wedding Day PhotosMy Profile

• Reply Shireen L. Platt October 8, 2015 at 4:53 pm

You sell yourself short, Corinne, I personally think you stand a strong chance to win because you have a brilliant blog and I’m a huge fan of your writing. You have a sharp, wicked and sarcastic sense of humour which I am a huge fan of. Congrats on your nomination and hope you’ll win the next time.
    Shireen L. Platt recently posted…Hold On To Your Summer Glow with Dr. HauschkaMy Profile

• Reply LauraDaisyChain October 8, 2015 at 6:41 pm

Looks like a well fun day and you look FIT! xx

• Reply Ela October 8, 2015 at 8:00 pm

Good to know that you had a really good time there, everything looks great! You might not win this year however there’s always a next year. I am sure you will make it 🙂 Also it must be really hard to work after a long night out 🙂 xx

Ela recently posted…Let’s Talk Hand CreamsMy Profile

• Reply Kiki October 8, 2015 at 9:05 pm

This looks awesome, I love all your pictures! Sounds like you had a really lovely time. Great post!
    xo Kiki

• Reply Rowena @ rolala loves October 8, 2015 at 10:50 pm

Thanks for taking us behind the scenes of this event. What an honor for you to have been nominated!
    Rowena @ rolala loves recently posted…Currently CovetingMy Profile

• Reply Mica October 9, 2015 at 2:57 am

Congrats on your nomination!

Looks like a very fun event too, you did a great job getting everything set up, and managed to enjoy the night too 🙂
    Mica recently posted…Colourful Skinny Jeans, Black Tanks and Rebecca Minkoff Love BagMy Profile

• Reply Suze The Luxury Columnist October 9, 2015 at 9:52 am

Congratulations on being shortlisted and what a fun event, I like the fake moustaches!
    Suze The Luxury Columnist recently posted…Beginner’s Guide to BaliMy Profile

• Reply Sarah October 9, 2015 at 7:39 pm

EEEEEEKKKK!!!!

This was just THE BEST DAY. EVER.

I always wondered if we would ever get to meet and now that we have you’re just not going anywhere!! You’re just as awesome as I thought you would be! I loved how one of the first things you said to me was, ‘You know I can’t understand a word you’re saying?’ hehehe! I promise to tone down the scouse and babble slowly next time! 😛

Sarah recently posted…Look Fantastic Limited Edition Christmas Beauty BoxMy Profile

• Reply Lucy October 10, 2015 at 9:06 am

It’s brilliant that you were shortlisted and the event looks like great fun Lucy x
    Lucy recently posted…Truc Vert Restaurant MayfairMy Profile

• Reply Arianne October 11, 2015 at 6:33 am

It seems macarons are such a staple in every event nowadays 🙂 that’s so cool you got to attend!
    Arianne recently posted…Life: The Transporter RefueledMy Profile

• Reply Kezzie October 11, 2015 at 4:06 pm

It looks a truly exciting day!! I am glad you had such a great experience though sorry about the having to work the next day!x
    Kezzie recently posted…4 ideas for recycling festive ‘packaging’ to make cardsMy Profile

• Reply Hayley October 12, 2015 at 9:39 am

ALL THE EMOTIONS. ALL THE FEELS. Thank you so muchly for helping out and being awesome… Also, thank you for our little chips date Bae

Hayley @ Tea Party Beauty