I’m feeling highly inspired, after all the wonderful comments on my post about question whether we take ourselves too seriously as bloggers, whether I take myself too seriously as a blogger, I’m feeling inspired. And humbled
So many of you said such wonderful things about me. Some of you that don’t even comment that often stepped up and said all the right things. For every one of you that said you searched back often through my blog tips, enjoyed my style, found my posts helpful and understood my intentions – thank you.
As you can tell from that post, the blog monster has been getting me. I was wondering if any of you guys ever have the case of the blog monster and what it represents to you.
What is this blog monster?
Well, it’s a little nasty thing that follows you around, yapping like a small dog.
- You need to comment more.
- You need to schedule your posts.
- You need to tweet your link.
- You need to join all the twitter chats.
- Your fitness post isn’t done yet and YOU NEED TO DO IT.
- You need to reply to your comments.
- When was the last time you checked your Facebook page, CORINNE?
- Your e-mails are unorganised.
- You need to check your stats. Again.
- Why haven’t you started that e-book yet?
- LOL EDIT THE 400 PHOTOS YOU’VE TAKEN OF ONE PRODUCT.
- You need you should you have to you must..
This is the blog monster.
My blog monster.
It’s that little creature, sitting on your shoulder, reminding you that you should be doing more.
That’s the thing with being a blogger.
A bloggers work is never done.
There’s always another post you could write, another 10 blogs you could comment on, more stats to analysed. There’s always that little itch in the back of your brain. Almost a guilt.
And if you’re not careful, you can find yourself consumed by it.
The blog monster.
What a dick.
What shape does he take for you?