Wake Me Up Rimmel Foundation

Wake Me Up Rimmel Foundation

When I ran out of Rimmel’s Match Perfect foundation, I was pretty gutted. Partly because you can never bloody tell how much you’ve got left in these pump bottles and partly because I had bought a Body Shop foundation, but found it quite chalky on my skin.

I felt a bit ripped off having to buy a new one!

After doing a bit of thinking, and by that I mean impulsively chucking it in my shopping cart at Tesco, I was suddenly in my own with a new foundation to try.

Ooooo.

Wake Me Up Rimmel Foundation

What it claims to do:

• Instantly reawaken skin
  • Give a healthy glow
  • Minimize premature skin ageing
  • Covers signs of tired skin
  • Flawless natural finish
  • SPF 15

Ingredients:

aqua/water/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, titanium dioxide, glycerin, talc, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, dimethicone, crambe abyssinica seed oil, biosaccharide gum-1, dimethicone peg-10/15 crosspolymer, mica, vinyl dimethicone/ methicone silsesquioxane crosspolymer, lauryl peg-9 polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, dimethicone crosspolymer, lecithin, phenoxyethanol, sodium pca, dimethiconol, magnesium sulfate, sodium chloride, disodium stearoyl glutamate, parfum/fragrance, urea, caprylyl glycol, silica dimethyl silylate, tocopheryl acetate, aluminum hydroxide, potassium sorbate, polyquaternium-51, sodium hyaluronate, trehalose, glyceryl polymethacrylate, disodium edta, hexylene glycol, peg-8, hexyl cinnamal, dipropylene glycol, limonene, butylphenyl methylpropional, tocopherol, triacetin, benzyl salicylate, linalool, bht, geraniol, alpha-isomethyl ionone, citronellol, benzoic acid, sodium lactate, palmitoyl oligopeptide.
[may contain/peut contenir/+/-: iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499)]

Wake Me Up Rimmel Foundation

My thoughts:

Yes, this is a massive thumbs up from me! I thought I’d end up going back to Perfect Match, as I really liked that foundation but this is my new bae.

It gives a nice coverage, though you still need concealer for any spots/acne. It really does give my skin the appearance that I can only describe as dewy, soft and glowy.

Hurrah!

Wake Me Up Rimmel Foundation

Whats your favourite foundation?

1. September 24, 2015 / 7:15 am

My Mum swears by this! My favourite on the high street is Bourjois Happy Light Foundation as it makes my skin really fresh and glowy
    LauraDaisyChain recently posted…Fix Up Look Sharp for AW15My Profile

2. September 24, 2015 / 8:32 am

Lovely review, I’d love to try that foundation but I can’t use scented products 🙁 Looks great on you, though! x

alicered.co.uk
    Alice recently posted…The Trench CoatMy Profile

3. September 24, 2015 / 9:14 am

I love dewy/glowing skin, so really ought to try this! Glad you like it, it’s always a good feeling when you find a new foundation that works! 😀

x

4. Jackie Harrison
    September 24, 2015 / 11:55 am

Great review I will like to try this product.

5. September 24, 2015 / 3:39 pm

It’s always awesome when you try a new product and it works out well. I don’t wear foundation as I’m more of a BB cream cushion compact kind of girl.
    Rowena @ rolala loves recently posted…Dine Out : Perry StMy Profile

6. September 24, 2015 / 4:16 pm

I’ve never tried rimmel because they don’t really have great colors for darker skinned girls. But I love their primers

check out my newest post
    xx
    Tyana
    cityofglitter.com
    Tyana recently posted…OOTD | | Picture DayMy Profile

7. September 24, 2015 / 4:20 pm

I love foundations with spf! 😀 Happy to know that you gave this product a thumbs up. Need to look out for this when I go to boots. Thanks for sharing Corinne!
    A for Alyce recently posted…Alyce’s Food AdventuresMy Profile

8. September 24, 2015 / 5:24 pm

Rimmel match perfect is one of my fave foundations, it is good. Also this one is good too, I like both of them however match perfect in on the top 🙂 x

9. September 25, 2015 / 6:23 am

Glad you found a great alternative! I hate when I try something else to replace an old favourite and it’s not as good as I hoped – as I always feel I have to ‘get my money’s worth’ and use it all up anyway!
    Mica recently posted…Flared Jeans, Striped Tops, Converse and Balenciaga Day BagMy Profile

10. September 25, 2015 / 6:39 am

I’ve heard so many good things about this foundation, I might try it when I need a new one. Which won’t be for ages as I have about 2028 nearly full bottles!

Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

11. September 27, 2015 / 5:42 am

Well, Laura Mercier was my fave foundation, until I found out it had butylene glycol.. I need to go get a Tarte foundation or BB cream soon.. or the NARS Luminous foundation. that one actually doesn’t have glycol 🙂
    Arianne recently posted…Food: Cheese Roll Cheese-Filled PastryMy Profile