Posted on September 15, 2015

Cyprus Part 3 // Boat Trip

lifestyle

DSC_0904

Hello again kids. I’m still in Cyprus!

On Monday we took a boat trip to the blue lagoon and to coral bay. It was one of those all day trips – we were picked up at 8am and taken by coach to a rocky beach. The type of rocks that get stuck in your flipflops and you’re not sure how to comfort your feet.

So there I was, at 9:15am in 29C heat, stones in my shoes and my niece was sat on a near by sun bed, almost vomiting from the winding roads of Cyprus. It was a hot journey and I was shielding my legs from the sun with the shadow of an American. I felt like I was burning already.

The boat came in close to the shore and we all walked towards it to board. All kicking our feet in discomfort and smiling in excitement.

As soon as I boarded, I took my shoes off to empty them and we had our tickets checked and got on board.

All the food and drink was in with the price, so we enjoyed a light breakfast and drinks. The boat stopped twice for a swim stop. The waters were crystal clear. I had my snorkel and mask on but didn’t need it. You could see the bottom of the ocean and the little black fish just by looking down.

The second stop was also when they brought out the food. Everyone jumped in the water, then went to eat while me and my family stayed in the water.

I never get the reason why Muggles rush everywhere. To be first. To not miss out. To stand and queue. So, we were alone in this water and it freed up both the small boats for my family to use while everyone else was waiting in the scorching heat with plates in their hands and empty glasses.

Fuck that. We wanted to swim in the blue water.

The current was so strong. The type of strong that you’re swimming but feel like you’re going backwards.

I kind of liked the challenge. It feels good to sometimes feel out of control, to feel unsafe and to feel small.

Back on the boat, the queues had gone down and we got our food straight away.

The vegetarian options we’re shit.

When I say shit, I mean none existent. So I ate salad and potatoes.

I alternated between sitting in the scorching sun and spending some time downstairs in the shade. I’m terrified of getting my skin burnt and being ill. I am an English rose, after all.

When we got back to our hotel, the dip in the pool was amazing.

It was like a bath.

DSC_0905 DSC_0906 DSC_0907 DSC_0908 DSC_0910 DSC_0912 DSC_0913 DSC_0915 DSC_0917 DSC_0920 DSC_0922 DSC_0923 DSC_0924 DSC_0927 DSC_0940 DSC_0944 DSC_0956

• Reply Candice September 15, 2015 at 7:38 am

Oh wow those waters look amazing ! I haven’t been on a boat ride since I was a kid

Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

• Reply Karen September 15, 2015 at 10:04 am

That water! I CAN’T EVEN! Just wow! Love that you had a longer time in the sea cos you had the sense not to rush and queue! 😛

x
    Karen recently posted…– Skincare: Cleanse, Tone & Moisturise…My Profile

• Reply Em De September 15, 2015 at 10:12 am

Water there looks magical 🙂
    Em De recently posted…Trip USA – San FranciscoMy Profile

• Reply Jackie Harrison September 15, 2015 at 12:00 pm

Such a beautiful place I bet you had a fun and relax moments.

• Reply Suze - LuxuryColumnist September 15, 2015 at 3:13 pm

Sounds like you are having a great time in Cyprus, Corinne. I loved the food in Cyprus but I noticed that there wasn’t much choice for vegetarians
    Suze – LuxuryColumnist recently posted…Laurent-Perrier Champagne and Sushi at Koi KensingtonMy Profile

• Reply notesofglam September 15, 2015 at 4:20 pm

Love the sea of Cyprus, the water is crystal clear!

• Reply Jess @UsedYorkCity September 15, 2015 at 5:42 pm

Ugh don’t you hate it when places have no veggie options?! This happens to me when I travel, too. Although, the rest of your trip looks just sensational!!

• Reply Oksana Zolotukhina September 15, 2015 at 7:21 pm

Very cool trip!!!! Such lovely pictures!!!! I’d love to visit this place)))
    Oksana Zolotukhina recently posted…Как сэкономить на покупках в любимых интернет-магазинах?…. КУПОНОРАМА.ru нам в помощь!My Profile

• Reply Ela September 15, 2015 at 7:54 pm

Water looks great, so clear! These photos made me want to jump in that sea 🙂 x

• Reply Josie September 15, 2015 at 10:53 pm

Oh wow, this looks incredible! Look at the colour of the water!! x

Josie’s Journal
    Josie recently posted…SixtiesMy Profile

• Reply Lucy September 16, 2015 at 7:42 am

The water looks crystal blue, glad that you are having such a lovely time. U.S. British are strange beasts always have to be standing in a queuing big sure why. The food when we went was divine but I can see that as a vegetarian salad with feta might be a constant option Lucy x
    Lucy recently posted…Dan Doherty cooking up a stormMy Profile

• Reply Liz S September 19, 2015 at 10:25 pm

We went on a similar boat trip in Kos (although our boat was a lot smaller). I loved it! I’ve always wanted to jump off a boat into the clear water and I did it 🙂

Liz xx

Distract Me Now Please
    Liz S recently posted…The Doughnut: Feel the Fear and Do It AnywayMy Profile

• Reply Corinne September 20, 2015 at 10:11 am

Yeah that part was fun! Not as scary as I had expected either!