Posted on July 5, 2015

What’s in my Summer bag?

beauty products/ lifestyle

summer handbag essentials

Summer is here. My Facebook feed has been hot mess full of people talking about how hot it is. Some love it, others don’t.

I love it. I’d happily take summer over any other season. I know a lot of people love autumn, but it’s too wet. Spring is great for outdoor exercise, but it’s not quite warm enough for going out in sundresses. Winter would be wonderful if we got a winter wonderland. But it’s usually just.. wet.

Anyway around this time I like to de-clutter and make sure I’m not hoarding useless things while I’m wandering around Leeds basking in the glorious sun.

I don’t know about you, but my handbag quickly starts to resemble a rubbish bag. Stuffed with receipts, 10 lipsticks I never use and loose change. So I like to empty it fully and just put back things I might need.

summer handbag essentials

My Summer Handbag Essentials

Blister plasters.

Blisters always form at the worst time. If you’ve not had chance to bed in your new favourite stilettos, or you’re on your feet for a long time, grab some Compeed blister plasters to speed up the heeling process and ease the pain.

A mirror.

How many times have you gone to the bathroom and realised you’ve got your dinner in your teeth and down your chin? While asking your friends to check your teeth is an option, you might not always be as comfortable with asking the company you’re in. So keep a compact mirror close by to avoid any embarrassment!

Sunglasses.

When the sun hits that spot in the sky, it’s impossible to see what’s in front of you. This makes driving quite the ordeal. Or adventure, depending on how you look at it. Keep some sunnies handy in case of emergencies!

Hair ties.

If your mane can turn from a silky, smooth hairstyle to a frizzy, wavy mess just at the sight of water, you might need to re-think your do. Have a supply of hair ties to braid or scoop your hair into a messy pony if it misbehaves. Giddyup.

summer handbag essentials

Hand Cream.

You wash your hands multiple times during the day, this can leave them dry and sore. Keep hand cream in your bag to stop them getting chapped.

Lip balm.

Chapped lips are not only uncomfortable, but can make you feel self-concious. Always have a tub of Vaseline to hand.

Blotting sheets.

Blotting paper can quickly remove excess oil from your skin. If you’re prone to getting a shiny face, you can pick up a pack from most drugstores. Boots have a great one for £3.99 that eliminates bacteria and prevents spots.

Portable charger.

The 10% battery notification-of-doom when you’ve still got hours of your day to go can be a nightmare. Keep a backup charger handy for if you run out of power.

A healthy snack.

If I’m planning on heading straight to the gym after work, I always make sure I’ve got a snack with me. Usually a sports bar or piece of fruit. Work days can just fly by, so getting enough food throughout the day isn’t always possible!

summer handbag essentials

So go on, have a clear out of your handbag and make sure you’re not missing out on any of the essentials!

What are your summer handbag essentials?

• Reply Stella July 5, 2015 at 9:11 am

I am not enjoying the sun. It’s just too HOT. I always have some powder and a sunglasses in my bag. I can’t leave the house without them.
    Stella recently posted…Inside Olivia Palermo’s WardrobeMy Profile

• Reply Jakub Żelechowski July 5, 2015 at 9:23 am

Great post! Love that kind of posts! Cool pictures!
    Jakub Żelechowski recently posted…Cool For The SummerMy Profile

• Reply Uglyfish July 5, 2015 at 9:37 am

I’m loving the sun! I get a little grouchy occasionally because I don’t cope with the heat that well, but I love the bright nights. Hand cream and hair ties are the biggest essentials for me. A portable charger is a great idea, I must invest in one!

• Reply Suze The Luxury Columnist July 5, 2015 at 12:03 pm

Those shades are very funky Corinne, where did you get them? I need to start carrying my portable charger, not much use to me at home 😉
    Suze The Luxury Columnist recently posted…Hampton Court Palace Flower Show – My Top PicksMy Profile

• Reply Peachy July 5, 2015 at 12:55 pm

A portable charger is such a fab idea! I like what you have in your bag. I will follow suit and pop a snack in my backpack from now on.

Much love.x

• Reply cat eyes & skinny jeans July 5, 2015 at 2:20 pm

LOVING your essentials – those sunnies are so fabu!

xx
    cat eyes & skinny jeans recently posted…links à la mode: the IFB weekly roundup {july 2, 2015 edition}My Profile

• Reply Shaira Manalo July 5, 2015 at 2:20 pm

I always have my sunnies with me. Thanks for these idea! 🙂

Have a nice day! 🙂

xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    Shaira Manalo recently posted…Blair WaldorfMy Profile

• Reply JaseyJade July 5, 2015 at 3:03 pm

keeping a mirror is defo important, haha!
    Jade xx
    JaseyJade recently posted…Color Spots in LifeMy Profile

• Reply Ana July 5, 2015 at 5:14 pm

Loving the essential , Great post!

New post!

• Reply Rebecca July 5, 2015 at 6:30 pm

I’m definitely in camp “not really feeling this heat”. These really are essentials – I ought to start carrying blister plasters round with me!
    Rebecca recently posted…Glastonbury festival 2015.My Profile

• Reply kezzie July 5, 2015 at 9:59 pm

You have lots of good essentials. I need a portable charger! Would be useful. My handbag is hopelessly messy!x
    kezzie recently posted…June Scavenger HuntMy Profile

• Reply Arianne July 5, 2015 at 10:43 pm

I have blotting sheets as well and lip balm 🙂
    Arianne recently posted…Life: Living in England, One Direction, Pizza | Q&AMy Profile

• Reply Rowena @ rolala loves July 6, 2015 at 3:10 am

I love checking out what other people tote around. I always carry sunblock, sunglasses and an umbrella during the summer months.
    Rowena @ rolala loves recently posted…VIIcode O2M Oxygen Eye Mask ReviewMy Profile

• Reply Yana July 6, 2015 at 1:54 pm

Amazing sunnies! I love that awesome cola pen!

• Reply Lucy July 6, 2015 at 3:45 pm

My bag currently weighs a tone it is so heavy and full of things that I just don’t need. It is a great idea to de clutter.
    My rechargeable phone charger is my life saver. The idea of blister plasters and healthy snack is a good one Lucy x
    Lucy recently posted…Independence DayMy Profile

• Reply Lindsay July 6, 2015 at 8:07 pm

I would love a portable charger, my iPhones battery life is rubbish and it would be great to have a way to charge up my iPod if I’ve forgotten to do it in the house! I would add an umbrella for the British summer time! 🙂
    Lindsay recently posted…Clava Cairns and Standing Stones near InvernessMy Profile

• Reply Rebeca July 6, 2015 at 11:17 pm

Something similar happens to me with lipstick in different bags and then find no achievement when I need them urgently, if something should ever miss me is the hand cream I suffer from extremely dry skin!
    Rebeca recently posted…Mi poncho abrigador / My cozy ponchoMy Profile

• Reply Dannie July 9, 2015 at 8:04 pm

I try and keep something sweet in my bag in case my sugar levels get a little low in the heat 🙂 I would also recommend a good lip balm!

Dannie x