I had a bit of a dilemma with this product when I was sent it for review: whether to feature it on here or over on my fitness blog.
I decided to put it over on this blog because it contains things that help to repair tissue and gives you healthy skin and hair so I found this more of a beauty product rather than a fitness one!
Colleginase by BioCare is a food supplement containing vitamin C with vitamins A, D & Flavonoids.
Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid), Choline Bitartrate, Capsule Shell (Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose), Rutin (Sophorae japonica Flower),, Hesperidin (Citrus sinensis Peel), Grapeseed Extract (Vitus vinifera Seed as Vitaflavan®),, Anti-Caking Agents (Silicon Dioxide & Magnesium Stearate), Modified Tapioca Starch, Sunflower Oil, Acacia Gum, Sucrose,, Corn Starch, Vitamin A (as Retinyl Palmitate) Antioxidant (Natural Mixed Tocopherols1), Vitamin D (as Ergocalciferol).
Here’s what each thing does:
- HVitamin C contributes to the collagen formation and the normal function of bones, teeth, cartilage, gums, skin and blood vessels.
- Vitamin A contributes to the maintenance of normal mucous membranes, skin and normal vision
- Vitamin C contributes to maintain the normal function of the immune system during and after intense physical exercise
- Vitamin A and D contribute to the normal function of the immune system
- Vitamin A has a role in the process of cell specialisation
- Vitamin D contributes to the maintenance of normal bones, teeth and muscle function
- Vitaflavan® is a standardised source of flavonoids derived from grapeseed extract
I love that it helps with the immune system, bones, teeth and skin.
I’m always a bit worried about my bones because I can get quite achey sometimes and my dad and brother suffered with hip and knee problems from a young age. I’m hoping I’m not taking after them! Also the immune system being strong is important for most people – I hate missing workouts when I’m ill or not wanting to blog!
I have skin problems often. No matter what my skincare routine is! I’m a 29 year old women with ache. Life really is unfair. I always thought I’d have lovely skin at this age. It appears I’m going to have wrinkles before my skin decides to act it’s age and grow up. So anything that helps with skin is a big plus for me!
The only problem I’m having is remembering to take them! I’m terrible at being consistent with taking vitamins and pills.
BioCare have other supplements available and try to make their nutrients in their most bio-available form and are suitable for people who are sensitive or have food allergies or intolerance’s.
Do you take any supplements like this?