Posted on June 10, 2015

Comfortable Holiday Shoes

lifestyle/ shoes

summer shoes

When I went to Florida last year, I had really bad foot doom.

The first day, we walked from our hotel to Universal Studios and walked around the Island of Adventures for about 8 hours in the Floridian sunshine.

I was wearing black slip on shoes with no socks and boy, did I pay for it.

The pain got so bad that I had to buy a pair of Croc flipflops from one of the stands in Universal.

This gave my feet a brief hour or so of comfort until the plastic of the flipflop started cutting up my skin in between my toes.

I then spent the rest of the holiday having to apply Neosporin (which I couldn’t say without using an American accent) to my toes to stop it from getting infected.

Since then, I vowed to take sensible shoes on holiday. So I’ve been having a look around online for suitable holiday shoes and sandals.

Jones Bootsmaker was my first stop.

You can see their sandal and flat-shoe selection for yourself – but I’ve picked out some of my favourites.

summer shoes

As you can tell, I always avoid the flip-flop Y strap style since my toe almost died of flip-flop last year.

I appreciate the value of being comfortable over stylish much more now. I really like my shoes to have a chunky heal as they make me feel more stable and more supported.

I always seem to gravitate towards red but I hardly ever buy it because I don’t own many clothes that red would go with. This needs to change so all the red can be mine.

The second place I looked was House of Fraser. They have quite a vast shoe selection, too

Untitled

What type of shoes do you take on holiday with you?

*This is a sponsored post. All opinions are my own.

• Reply Candice June 10, 2015 at 11:35 am

Those shoes look lovely I like the sandals and wedges

CANDICE | BEAUTY CANDY LOVES

• Reply Jackie Harrison June 10, 2015 at 11:58 am

I like wearing comfy shoes especially in the summer or any event that require to long standing and walking. Lovely selection.

• Reply Karen June 10, 2015 at 12:13 pm

When it comes to long days of wandering around new places, I definitely sway more towards comfort & practicality 🙂 Loving the tan strap pair from House of Fraser 🙂

x

• Reply Colleen June 10, 2015 at 12:26 pm

Oh my gosh that sounds so painful! I always just go for sneakers if I’m going to a theme park because if it’s really hot, I like a cushiony pair of white socks!
    Colleen recently posted…THE 80’S BEACH BABE AESTHETICMy Profile

• Reply KizzyDoll June 10, 2015 at 12:34 pm

These are cute shoes. I try and take a pair of old shoes with me as well as newer ones when I go on holiday, because it never fails for my feet to ache. I use plasters as well where I think blisters might happen, so it prevents them as well. But, sometimes I forget. Definitely comfy shoes are a must, I rather be comfy than broken, haha!! x
    KizzyDoll recently posted…{The Powder Room} Margarita Bloom’s Smitten Kitten Shirley Sweet Pea Body Oil!My Profile

• Reply Rowena @ rolala loves June 10, 2015 at 2:45 pm

I never understand why people wear flip flops as footwear anywhere but the beach since they offer zero support. I usually bring a pair of trainers and comfy flats when I go on holiday.
    Rowena @ rolala loves recently posted…Recent LovesMy Profile

• Reply Audrey Allure June 10, 2015 at 6:47 pm

These shoes all look so comfy!

-Audrey
    Audrey Allure recently posted…Teavana Iced TeaMy Profile

• Reply Shireen L. Platt June 10, 2015 at 8:48 pm

These reminds of of Clark’s, the designs are almost similar. Never heard of this brand though but sounds worth looking into.

Shireen | Reflection of Sanity
    Shireen L. Platt recently posted…REVIEW: CoverGirl Full Lash BloomMy Profile

• Reply Lucy June 10, 2015 at 9:23 pm

Great choices comfortable shoes are very important. I really like the wedges. I normally opt for glitter shoes that are flat Lucy x
    Lucy recently posted…Polo in the ParkMy Profile

• Reply María Alejandra June 10, 2015 at 11:38 pm

This is a great selection of shoes, Corinne! On a holiday to the beach I usually take sandals! Your picks are super cute, you have a great sense of style. Thanks for sharing! xx
    María Alejandra recently posted…JORD Wood Watches ReviewMy Profile

• Reply libys11 June 11, 2015 at 4:08 am

those are nice! thanks for sharing! 😀

Animated Confessions
    libys11 recently posted…292My Profile

• Reply Melanie June 11, 2015 at 4:42 am

Those shoes look really comfy!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com
    Melanie recently posted…The W HotelMy Profile

• Reply India June 11, 2015 at 8:20 am

Flip flops are the worst. I only wear them for short walks or to the beach! I’m still not at the comfort over style though, so I wear either converse or sliders. Both stylish and comfy!

India | http://www.touchscreensandbeautyqueens.com