Posted on May 17, 2015

Murad T Zone Pore Refining Gel // Sample Sunday

misc

Murad T Zone Pore Refining Gel

I hate having visible pores. I think I possibly dislike it more than having scars from old spots. So when I got a sample of Murad T Zone Pore Refining Gel, I was looking forward to trying it out.

This stuff ain’t cheap. It retails around £40-50 per 50ml. For products that expensive, I do tend to be a little harsher on them than cheaper versions because I believe things should work really well if you’re going to spend that much on a product!

Murad T Zone Pore Refining Gel

You use this by applying a thin layer on your skin after cleansing and toning.

It’s supposed to gently exfoliate away dead skin and clear your pores to reveal fresh, bright skin. It removes excess oil from you t-zone to keep it shine free.

What’s inside it?

• Retinol – Improves skin texture, tone and radiance
  • Glycolic and Salicylic Acids – Gently exfoliate to help clear pores and skin perfections
  • Pomegranate Extract – Neutralises and protects against free radical damage

Murad T Zone Pore Refining Gel

On the first application of this, I was underwhelmed.

My skin looked the same but just seemed shinier. I’m not sure if this would be better suited to oily skin as I have rather dry skin. I was expecting to see my pores appear at least slightly smaller.

After using it for a few days, I still didn’t see a difference and just gave up. I know you have to wait a long time for skincare to start to work, but if I don’t start to see a slight difference after a week, it’s a dud for me.

I was hoping I would notice at least something. But no. Nothing at all. I’ll carry on using this until it’s finished to see if anything else happens and I’ll post I WAS WRONG if I change my mind. But.. meh.

I’d be so mad if I spent so much on this product. It’s wank.

Murad T Zone Pore Refining Gel

Have you eve tried Murad T Zone Pore Refining Gel?

• Reply Jakub Żelechowski May 17, 2015 at 9:33 am

Amazing products! Thanks for sharing!
    Jakub Żelechowski recently posted…Best Dressed: Met Gala 2015My Profile

• Reply Allure Obsessed May 17, 2015 at 12:07 pm

Wow, shame to hear! But I understand you completely… I think, for the price, it’s not really worth it. xx

ALLURE OBSESSED – BEAUTY BLOG // BLOGLOVIN’
    Allure Obsessed recently posted…The Latest Hair Trend: LOBS ARE IN.My Profile

• Reply Jackie Harrison May 17, 2015 at 12:56 pm

Is true what you said is not suited for oily skin but yet they do have great moisturizer.

• Reply Jackie Harrison May 17, 2015 at 12:56 pm

Murad products

• Reply Lucy May 17, 2015 at 1:24 pm

What a shame that it didn’t work I am with you that if a product is that expensive it needs to work and work well. Pore professional I have found good maybe try a sample of this Lucy x
    Lucy recently posted…Coworth Park hotel and Spa AscotMy Profile

• Reply Melanie May 17, 2015 at 3:16 pm

I had never heard of this, but it looks really cool!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com
    Melanie recently posted…New Orleans ShotsMy Profile

• Reply Liakada Travel May 17, 2015 at 3:59 pm

Oooh so annoying it doesn’t work, especially as it is so expensive. Beyond and expensive conceal and foundation I dont have much faith in other pricey lotions and potions.

Ash | Liakada Travel
    Liakada Travel recently posted…Marrakech at NightMy Profile

• Reply Hannah May 17, 2015 at 6:41 pm

I’m glad you were so honest, I think people often shy away from posting bad reviews and try to sugar coat it, but you’re right, such an expensive product ought to work some kind of magic or it’s probably not worth it! x
    Hannah recently posted…Summer Cocktail Ideas with OddkaMy Profile

• Reply Sabrina May 17, 2015 at 7:04 pm

That’s a shame! I’m going to save my money and avoid that one, thanks for the review 🙂
    Sabrina recently posted…An Ode to Miss Selfridge Ponte Blazers and 24% Off!My Profile

• Reply Uglyfish May 17, 2015 at 8:26 pm

Gosh – I’m glad you got sent that sample and didn’t have to fork out so much for a product that doesn’t work! I’ve got large pores either side of my nose and I can’t really find any pore products that work. Sort of off topic though – thank you for posting such a honest review! I really enjoyed reading it!
    Uglyfish recently posted…DSLR Lesson 3 – OutdoorsMy Profile

• Reply Oksana May 17, 2015 at 8:32 pm

I love Murad products very much! Thanks for the review))
    Oksana recently posted…Отзыв: Испанская косметика Babaria. Тонирующий гель с кокосом Babaria Sun Bronceador Tanning Cream SPF 4.My Profile

• Reply cvetybaby May 17, 2015 at 8:46 pm

Ohh this is interesting product, i will check it out if it is available here, so thanks for sharing!
    xx
    cvetybaby.com
    cvetybaby recently posted…NativeMy Profile

• Reply Whitney May 18, 2015 at 2:28 am

Aw hope you can possibly return it? I recently bough a murad toner, but haven’t opened it yet. It’ll be my first murale product though.

• Reply Rowena @ rolala loves May 18, 2015 at 2:33 am

I definitely also expect products which cost more to work better. It’s a shame this one hasn’t worked too well so far. Maybe you should give it a little more time.
    Rowena @ rolala loves recently posted…Eye Candy : Zhao Wei for T MagazineMy Profile

• Reply Rebecca May 18, 2015 at 3:22 am

I agree! When it comes to more expensive products i expect more than i would from a £5 bottle! Lucky you got the mini-size rather than the £50 one! Hopefully there is a good t-zone gel out there because God knows i need it lol! Great review:)

Rebecca x
    Rebecca recently posted…Rose Gold Make-Up TutorialMy Profile

• Reply Hannah May 18, 2015 at 3:30 am

I love anything with retinol! I’ll have to try this.
    Hannah recently posted…CROCHET AND RUFFLESMy Profile

• Reply Nottooseriousblog May 18, 2015 at 9:39 am

I hate having visible pores too. I don’t think we have this brand in Poland.
    Nottooseriousblog recently posted…Paczka od BakeoMy Profile

• Reply KizzyDoll May 18, 2015 at 10:31 am

Crap it made no difference, what a shame!! x
    KizzyDoll recently posted…Baby Doll wants a Cookie!!My Profile

• Reply krithi May 18, 2015 at 3:05 pm

even i dont like visible pores …
    sad that this isnt working …waste then
    krithi recently posted…Instagram Life Vol.1(Fashion)My Profile