You might notice that some blogger blogs have the orange B by default and WordPress blogs will carry the blue grid or W logo.
When I first started blogging, I often wondered what this icon was called and if I could change mine to customise by blog a bit more.
It turns out that it’s pretty simply to change your favicon.
I’ma show you have to change your favicon for Blogger, WordPress.org and WordPress.com.
Create your favicon.
Creating your favicon is pretty simple. Basically, you want an image that is 16×16.
- Create your image (it might be part of your header or the initials of your blog).
- Use photo editing software or Picmonkey to change it to 16×16 pixels.
- Save it as a JPEG or PNG.
You now have our favicon ready to upload. Here’s how.
How to add a favicon to Blogger blogspot.
- Go to the template section in your blogger settings.
- Click on ‘Favicon’ near your header.
- Upload the favicon you’ve just made.
How to change your Favicon on WordPress.com
- Go to Setting sin your WP admin.
- Click on ‘General’
- In the top right corner, find the ‘Blog Picture/Icon’ box.
- Upload your image.
How to change your favicon on WordPress.org
You’ll need to use a plug-in on self-hosted wordpress.
The one I use is called ‘All in one Favicon’
It’s pretty easy, all you do is install the plug-in then upload your image.
Please note that it can take up to 48 hours for the Favicon to change, so you have to be patient once you’ve uploaded it!