Get your Legs Summer-Ready // My 5 commitments

It’s happening, people.

The days are getting warmer and I’m starting to shed my tights and enjoy the sunshine.

I don’t know about you, but I neglect my legs so much during the winter. If I didn’t go to the gym, I’d probably not shave them from September-May.

I’m serious.

Some of you might cringe, but when I do shave my legs, I never use shaving cream and don’t moisturise after. Then I complain about having dry, irritated skin. Yes, I’m one of those girls.

This year is going to be different. I’m going to look after my pins this summer. They’ll be soft, silky and ready to be shown of to the world all summer.

Here are 5 commitments I’m going to try and stick to this year to get my legs ready!

girl-601552_1280

1. Love my legs.

Let’s face it, we’re never going to have perfect, air-brushed legs.

I’ll probably miss a patch of hair around my knee, I’m likely to cut my angle and no matter how much I sit out in the sun, my legs just WILL NOT TAN.

Whether it’s orange peel skin, or your hate your knees, you’ve got to remember that everyone has things about their body their not happy with. That’s okay, it’s part of being human.

2. Hair removal.

I personally use a disposable razor to remove unwanted hair. Hair removal cream never works and I’m too wimpy for a wax or epilator.

When I was 14, my sister-in-law bought me my first electric razor. It was a small Babyliss one and I had it for years. It’s probably still at my parents house now in my old room.

While I usually shave in the shower, I love quickly being able to shave if I ever need to on the go so I’ve been looking at some of the electric shavers and trimmers on Tesco to make life a bit easier.

3. Exfoliate.

I avoid exfoliating as I’m not a fan of the tiny bits in exfoliators that usually take ages to wash off.

Though to get around this, you can invest in an exfoliating glove and use your shower gel after shaving and just scrub away.

It’s much less hassle and works out cheaper in the long run!

4. Moisturise.

Might be a no brainer for some of you, but if you’re in rush you night not always have time to moisturise.

I like to allow myself plenty of time when getting ready. This is because I’m easily distracted and it’s not uncommon for me to lose about 20 minutes watching YouTube between getting out of the shower and getting dressed.

This time is perfect for moisturising though, as there’s long enough for the product to soak in and dry. I hate putting clothes or tights on when my skin doesn’t feel dry!

5. Tint.

There are so many self-tan products on the market now.

I prefer those that build a gradual tan over a few applications than an full on fake tan. It just seems to apply easier and more natural.

What are your summer leg commitments?

Written for Tesco

1. Candice
    May 14, 2015 / 9:14 am

Thanks for sharing – My hair grows back so fast I literally have to shave everyday!

CANDICE | BEAUTY CANDY LOVES

2. May 14, 2015 / 10:26 am

I shave my legs too :)) I admire women how can endure the pain of wax or epilator, I wish I could do that… but turn back to my razor & no pain.
    Anca recently posted…SheffieldMy Profile

3. Allure Obsessed
    May 14, 2015 / 10:56 am

Amazing post! Can’t forget to take care of your legs! xx

ALLURE OBSESSED – BEAUTY BLOG // BLOGLOVIN’
    Allure Obsessed recently posted…10 Under $10 – Best Beauty Buys!My Profile

4. Jackie Harrison
    May 14, 2015 / 11:01 am

Great tips to have sexy legs I shave with hair conditioner you should try it makes your legs baby soft.

5. May 14, 2015 / 11:53 am

I tend to abandon my routine over the colder months too, glad it’s not just me 🙂 I’ve always used conditioner instead of shaving cream – it protects skin and is moisturising at the same time 🙂

x

6. May 14, 2015 / 2:06 pm

Good luck with your goals! 🙂

I’m having to moisturise a lot more often now with winter, going from a hot shower to a freezing room at night really dries out my skin. I’m a bit lazy with moisturising my legs (and the rest of me!) over summer, but once the winter weather starts to kick in I can’t avoid the need, haha.
    I have an epilator – it’s not that bad really! I just sometimes forget to use it so have to use a disposable razor, then I get dry skin as it’s not the kindest thing to skin!
    Mica recently posted…Corporate Style: Colourful With French Connection Printed Dresses and ScarvesMy Profile

7. Melissa Lee
    May 14, 2015 / 2:47 pm

I hate my legs every summer and always wish I had done something about them before the sun actually comes out and it’s not appropriate to wear tights anymore. I started doing squats and lunges and they have made a big difference. I absolutely hate lunges with a passion but apparently I look ‘more athletic’ so that must be a good thing!

I am the same when it comes to moisturising. I bought one of those in-shower lotions that you rinse off but it leaves a layer of body lotion – it really does help with this especially when in a rush!
    Melissa Lee recently posted…eBay Wishlist: weekend city breakMy Profile

8. May 14, 2015 / 2:52 pm

Such great tips! I have been trying to do all of these things lol
    Melanie @ meandmr.com
    Melanie recently posted…Marfa, Texas GuideMy Profile

9. May 14, 2015 / 7:00 pm

hehe i have to admit i’m a bit of a slacker during the cold & dark winter months, but as soon as that first ray of sunshine appears in the spring it’s time to get my legs ready!

Even now though i still need a glass of wine (or two!) before a good epilating session and it might be a bit weird, but i find having some good music on whilst doing it really helps to distract me in a good way! <3
    Emily recently posted…Braun Silk-epil 7 Skin Spa Wet/Dry Cordless Epilator ReviewMy Profile

10. May 14, 2015 / 7:40 pm

I use those smelly hair removal creams, but I haven’t done it in forever (I’m like you). I REALLY need to tan but I can’t do it at the beach because they probably won’t let me in.. Kidding, but they’re ghost-white, I swear
    Zoe recently posted…I’m learning photoshop – look what I made! #MayMakersMy Profile

11. May 14, 2015 / 7:55 pm

These all sound like things I need to do!
    I really need some colour on my legs, the pasty white look is not so great right now.

Ash | Liakada Travel

12. May 14, 2015 / 10:57 pm

Hahaha I cant cover up in India because its so hot almost throughout the year. So shaving is something I’m pretty regular with. However, I have really less growth so I just need to shave once a week or once in ten days!
    Keep in touch
    xx
    June recently posted…Apps Are The Future Of FashionMy Profile

13. May 15, 2015 / 4:01 am

The self tanner is such a good idea! I have always been so skeptical about it, any recommendations?
    Gabby recently posted…Montclair Bread CompanyMy Profile

14. May 15, 2015 / 8:19 am

My legs I always leave to the last minute and they look bloody awful as a result. Great tips maybe if I prime and prep now they might be summer ready Lucy x
    Lucy recently posted…Godiva and Momo a feast on Regents streetMy Profile

15. May 15, 2015 / 9:53 am

Great comments, I always hate exfoliating too especially if you do it in the bath, I feel like it’s on you for the rest of the day then!

prettymadthings.blogspot.co.uk // x

16. May 15, 2015 / 9:27 pm

I need to exfoliate more FOR SURE! I also have a jergens product to build a tan and I think I’ll try it out, my legs are too pasty for my liking.
    Whitney recently posted…Revlon Ultra HD Lipstick in PoinsettiaMy Profile

17. May 15, 2015 / 9:52 pm

I exfoliate my body regularly throughout the year with a dry brush so I just step it up a bit during the summer. Self tanner is a must cause real tanning is a big no no and I don’t want to look pasty.
    Rowena @ rolala loves recently posted…Eye Candy : Zhao Wei for T MagazineMy Profile

18. May 16, 2015 / 9:52 pm

Hair removal is a pain in the ass! I have really dark hair and really pale skin, so no matter how close I shave them, I can still see these tiny black dots all over my legs because the hair root is so dark. Annoying much! Exfoliating helps but like you said, it’s a faff sometimes I just don’t have the time for!

I love using an epilator but it requires a lot more leg maintenance to avoid ingrown hairs!

Sarah recently posted…*Puressentiel Muscle & Joints RollerMy Profile

19. May 17, 2015 / 6:17 pm

sadly, I have no leg commitments no matter what time of year it is.. laziness at its greatest, ladies and gentlemen.
    Arianne recently posted…Life: Top Five MoviesMy Profile

20. May 17, 2015 / 7:36 pm

I’m considering fake tan this summer for the first time but I’m nervous- I’ve seen it go horribly wrong! Plus I’d look weird without milk bottle legs!
    Kel recently posted…Quiz Night at the BotanistMy Profile