Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream // Sample Sunday

DSC_05421

Here’s the deal, kids:

I’ve got a lot of samples. Samples from blog events, samples from magazines, samples from subscription boxes.. I want to get them used up for when I move house in July. Otherwise I’ll end up chucking them in the bin rather than having to pack them all, bring them to my new house and have them sit in the draw of limbo for months on end.

I need to use them, review them and get over them.

So I’ll be doing a new series for the next few weeks. I’m stealing India’s idea and doing a sample Sunday post every Sunday in an attempt to clear out some of my junk.

DSC_0484 DSC_0493

Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream

The first product to step up is Elizabeth Arden’s 8 Hour Cream.

I got this in a subscription box months ago. I decided to try it one morning, I put it on and thought it felt… odd. So I tried to remove as much as I could. I was running late for work and didn’t have time to wash it off properly.

I did my makeup, went to work and basically felt like I had used butter on my face all day. My skin was shiny and horrible. I hated it.

I decided to never touch the stuff again.

Oh, I know I’m a dick. You don’t need to tell me.

I read another blog post was like ‘YOU’RE DOING IT WRONG’.

DUH.

Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream

Not a face cream, but an intense moisture repair cream that’s great for things like chapped lips, dry knees and elbows, cuticles and hangnails.

It’s good for dry patches on your face – but you should apply to the dry area at night and it’ll be gone by morning. I’ve also seen people say it’s great for sunburn, people put it on spots when they start coming up, on their dry heels and use it for keeping their brows in place.

It seems like it’s pretty similar to things you would use vaseline for.

I’ve heard some people complain about the smell. It does have a distinct smell – it’s herbal and reminds me of how a steam room or aromatherapy room would smell in a spa. Or something you’d rub on your chest if you had a cold.

I like it, but don’t really want to smell like it, if that makes sense.

Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream

I’ve been using this on my lips for the past few days as they’ve been quite dry – I’m guessing from all this half-marathon training I’ve been doing.

Speaking of which – my half-marathon is TODAY. Please wish me luck, I’m terrified!

Even though I was reluctant to try this again, I’m glad I have. It’s a great way to clear up dry areas quickly. Although it might seem expensive, it has a product life of 36 months and you don’t need to use a lot, so I would imagine a full size tube could last a long time!

Have you tried this before? What did you think?

1. Allure Obsessed
    May 10, 2015 / 8:31 am

GOOD LUCK on the half marathon!

And this does sound like a super fancy vaseline. However, with such a long shelf-life it truly may be worth a purchase. It sounds amazing. xx

ALLURE OBSESSED – BEAUTY BLOG // BLOGLOVIN’
    Allure Obsessed recently posted…Best Beauty Looks at the MET Gala 2015My Profile

2. May 10, 2015 / 8:59 am

It is great for dry spots but the consistency is not really one I love. I wheel it out for when my lips are awful Lucy x

3. May 10, 2015 / 11:04 am

I haven’t used this before but like you I’ve heard of a lot of the benefits of it! 🙂 I think it’s similar in use to Lucas’ Paw Paw cream we have here in Australia – use it for everything under the sun pretty much when something isn’t right. I don’t know about using it on spots though, but it’s great on everything else. Especially mozzie bites!
    Mica recently posted…Rebecca Minkoff Bright Yellow Swing Bag and Denim – Skinny Jeans and FlaresMy Profile

4. Jackie Harrison
    May 10, 2015 / 12:05 pm

Samples help make a decision if you will like to purchase and add to your beauty regimen. Have a great day.

5. May 10, 2015 / 3:17 pm

Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour lip repair thing absolutely ruined my lips and the 8 hour hand cream ruined my hands. I’ve never had such an adverse allergic reaction to something before and I had been so excited to use it too!

You win some, you lose some!

Sarah recently posted…April Bank Holiday Weekend 2015My Profile

6. May 10, 2015 / 9:58 pm

Love the idea of sample Sunday! I’ve seen this listed as a must have beauty item but have never tried it. It does sound nice 🙂
    Akaleistar recently posted…DIY Recipe NotebookMy Profile

7. May 10, 2015 / 10:39 pm

Oh, Corinne, you really did it wrong)))) I love Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream. It has so many ways to use. Sometimes I use it against herpes. Cream treats it for 1 day.
    Oksana recently posted…MY WISHLIST: NewDress.comMy Profile

8. Annabel
    May 10, 2015 / 11:49 pm

Well I am hoping by now the half marathon is DONE! Eeep, hope you did wonderfully! That aside, I love this cream, and like you said it has endless uses!

Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

9. May 11, 2015 / 3:07 am

I’ve heard that this cream works like an all purpose balm and it sounds like you’ve found that out too. I really need to start using up some of my samples. Hope you ran a great half-marathon!
    Rowena @ rolala loves recently posted…Flashback FridayMy Profile

10. May 11, 2015 / 5:23 am

Best of luck with your marathon, Corinne! Never tried this cream, but I’ll most definitely keep it in mind the next time that I find myself needing something like it.

That’s probably the biggest reason I don’t do samples. Of anything. Maybe once in a blue moon I’ll sign up for something, but the stuff just sits and ends up in a box and it’s ridiculous.
    Eve Estelle recently posted…Short Story: “The Siren’s Violinist”My Profile

11. May 11, 2015 / 11:57 am

I can confirm that the 8 hours cream is super! I use it for travelling especially when on long haul flights. I also use the lip balm daily and it works like a charm on dry lips
    Mrs C recently posted…Style :: Light LayersMy Profile

12. May 11, 2015 / 2:19 pm

I tend to save mine for travelling, but I have so many I really need to start using them at home. Love this idea for a post <3 (you such clever lady)

CONGRATS ON THE HALF