Posted on March 14, 2015

Placebo O2 Academy Leeds

lifestyle/ music

placebo

Placebo are of the bands that loved when I was a teen. The music has that perfect combo of melancholy and heaviness that I love in music.

Yes, you could say I’m a bit of an emo.

When I was 17, I was DEFINITELY AN EMO.

Although I’m not familiar with much of their music after 2006, their early stuff was what I grew up on.

On Tuesday night, they were playing at the O2 in Leeds. I went with my housemate, Christine.

We had a few pre-drinks at home, then met up with some others in Almost Famous bar and had a cheeky beer. Then headed to the venue.

placebo1

We were on the guest list, so had to go in a different way. Which was a lot easier than expected. We skipped the support band for drinks and got there about 10 minutes before Placebo were due on.

We were right at the back to start with. The O2 isn’t massive, so the view wasn’t horrific. Though after Christine when to the toilet, she spotted a gap closer to the front, so we moved to a closer side on angle.

placebo2

They sound fantastic live. Brian has such a distinct voice and I wasn’t sure how it would come across live, but they sounded exactly like they do from being in a studio.

They played a lot of the older stuff, which was fab because I wouldn’t have known many of the songs otherwise.

The set list:

Encore:
  18. Begin the End
  19. Running Up That Hill
  20. Post Blue
  21. Infra-red

placebo3

About encores. I just don’t see the point in them. They’re mostly planned and everyone does them. Do any bands actually spontaneously play extra songs anymore? Why not just have an interval and then be done. Life is weird.

placebo4 placebo5 placebo7

Encores aside, it was a great night.

I’m not listening to Placebo in repeat. My love for them renewed.

What was the last gig you went to?

Untitled3 (1)

• Reply Jackie Harrison March 14, 2015 at 10:52 am

Now that is a place you rock awesome. Have a great day doll.

• Reply Oksana March 14, 2015 at 11:03 am

I have never heard about this band early but I love your ghotos so much! You look so happy! Thanks for shating Corinne:))
    Oksana recently posted…Отзыв: Очищающая пена с морской ключевой водой для нормальной и комбинированной кожи – Seaderm Face Range Cleansing Foam.My Profile

• Reply Elizabeth Rebecca March 14, 2015 at 11:58 am

I completely agree about encores – they are now expected. Pointless.

Lizzie Dripping

• Reply Rachel Holliday March 14, 2015 at 1:47 pm

Looks like a cool event! I totally loved them when I was an emo too (circa 2007) haha

Rachel xx
    Rachel Holliday recently posted…8 Fashion & Beauty Hacks You Totally Need To Know AboutMy Profile

• Reply Lucy March 14, 2015 at 2:49 pm

I used to love them too I bet they are great live, I used to go to gigs at Brixton academy to watch them which was great fun but not the O2. You look like you both had fun Lucy x
    Lucy recently posted…A food journey through beautiful SicilyMy Profile

• Reply Corinne March 17, 2015 at 10:07 pm

They’re amazing live!

• Reply Serene March 14, 2015 at 6:22 pm

AHHH now this sounds like an amazing concert 😀 I USED TO LISTEN TO PLACEBO BACK IN THE DAY!!!

Serene xoxo

Serene recently posted…Nude Lipsticks – THE 411My Profile

• Reply Karen March 14, 2015 at 7:06 pm

I totally didn’t yell/screech ‘Sucker love is heaven sent…’ as soon as I read your post title, nope, not at all……..

I bet this was SO fun! I went to see Jimmy Eat World a year or so ago and reliving music I loved as a teen was fab! 😀

x
    Karen recently posted…– Good Reads #1…My Profile

• Reply Corinne March 17, 2015 at 10:08 pm

Haha! It’s great reliving old times, isn’t it?

• Reply Amy-Anne Williams March 14, 2015 at 7:19 pm

Placebo is actually one of my CDT teachers favourite bands and she saw them when she was younger. If I remember right they were her first concert and she really enjoyed c;

Looks like you had fun!

Amy;
    Little Moon Elephant

• Reply Corinne March 17, 2015 at 10:09 pm

It’s a good band to be a favourite 🙂

• Reply Gabrielle March 14, 2015 at 10:17 pm

I’ve also never understood the point of encores (especially in musical theatre). On a brighter note, this looks like a great time at the O2! 🙂

Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice

x

• Reply Imogen March 15, 2015 at 12:22 am

This looks so fun…oh those memories of what we used to listen to as teenagers.
    Imogen recently posted…OutfitMy Profile

• Reply Laura March 15, 2015 at 8:15 pm

i was never a massive fan, but used to love placebo and mainly just a few songs of theirs (haha) for a while! glad you had a good time:-) and i hear you on encores. i like them if they’re genuine, but don’t see the point if it’s just extra songs planned ahead! xx
    Laura recently posted…tower hillMy Profile

• Reply Corinne March 17, 2015 at 10:10 pm

Yeah. I’m going to start a band and NEVER ENCORE just to prove a point.

• Reply sgrmse. March 18, 2015 at 4:17 am

Always been a Placebo fan. #ForeverTeamEmo

• Reply KizzyDoll March 18, 2015 at 8:12 am

Love Placebo, so good 🙂 x
    KizzyDoll recently posted…#LOVE is All You Need!!My Profile

• Reply Amanda Winchester June 8, 2015 at 10:41 pm

I LOVE this, Corinne 🙂 bringing back good memories! This was such an awesome tour. I saw them on the last day! Have a look http://www.amandasays.org.uk/2015/03/placebo-at-the-eventim-apollo-25032015/
    You got much better photos than I did, I was miles away lol. Brian’s voice is fantastic live 🙂 x

♥.•*¨ Amanda Says ¨*•.♥