Posted on March 7, 2015

Mum in a Million // A Mothers Day Competition

lifestyle

mumsday3

I don’t think you appreciate the shit your Mum puts up with until you’re an adult.

And trust me, my Mum put up with a lot of shit!

After having the misfortune of three boys who caused nothing but trouble, Mum gave up on the dream of having a little girl.

One of my brothers got expelled from school and never did his GSCE’s and another sold my Dad’s fishing gear to gamble.

Ten years after the birth of her third boy, she fell pregnant again. By accident. And that was the start of Corinne. A little unplanned egg that could be another stupid boy, or a perfect little princess.

It’s a good job I turned out to be the perfect princess because I don’t think my Mum could cope with another boy after all the hell my older brothers put her through!

mumsday

Although I wasn’t exactly the daughter that my Mum had dreamed off. She wanted a daughter that would go on shopping trips and try on clothes. I actually can’t think of anything worse than a shopping trip.

I’m totally an online shopper. Shops frustrate me. There’s changing room queues, there’s people that stop for no reason that you almost bump into, there’s kids running around and I always get too hot and end up with a headache.

I’m not really a people person. Or a shopping person. Or the type of person that shows emotions and feelings. I know my indifference to everything frustrates my Mum. I’d even say it upsets her.

I’m an independent lady, you see. As soon as I left home, I never looked back. I am self-sufficient and can go months without speaking to my family and friends.

mumsday2

My Mum puts up with me, though. She put’s up with me living so far away, with me hardly visiting home, with me sometimes being hard to get a hold off.

There are very few things that are constant and stable in my life. But my Mum is one of those things. I know most people say that their Mum is the best Mum in the world, but everyone else is wrong. I know people who prefer my Mum to their own. It’s no contest really. She’s just better.

She’s the Mum that will spend a weekend at my brothers house and look after their three kids so my Brother and his wife can visit London. She’s the Mum that went and helped my cousin with his 6 kids when his wife died. She’s the Mum that takes chances on people and sees nothing but good in them.

That’s why she’s the best.

Parkdean Holiday Parks are holding a competition to win a 3 or 4 night break at one of their holiday parks for your mum.

All you need to do is enter via this link and share what makes your Mum one in a million. The competition ends on the 15th March.

So do share with me, what’s special about your Mum?

Untitled3 (1)

• Reply cvetybaby March 7, 2015 at 10:16 am

Corinne you are a lucky girl with mum like yours. Mine is wonderful too, she is my best friend. Thanks for sharing this inspirational post and remind me to say thank you for everything to my lovely mother. Happy weekend and all the best!
    xx
    cvetybaby.com
    cvetybaby recently posted…Crop + SweatpantsMy Profile

• Reply Corinne March 9, 2015 at 1:42 pm

Glad you’re so close with your Mum! It must be nice to have her as your best friend 🙂

• Reply Neon Girl March 7, 2015 at 10:56 am

I have nominated you for the liebster award details on my blog
    Neon Girl recently posted…The Liebster Award …My Profile

• Reply Noor Unnahar March 7, 2015 at 11:57 am

Aw! Corrine you’re blessed with a kind mom. You’re different but that’s alright and I bet she must be so proud of it. Even if she doesn’t say it x

• Reply Corinne March 9, 2015 at 1:43 pm

Different it one way of explaining me, I guess 😉

• Reply Rachel Holliday March 7, 2015 at 12:10 pm

Corinne this is such a cute post! Your mum sounds so amazing 🙂 I hope you win the competition

Rachel xx

Rachel Holliday recently posted…Are Flats The New Heels?My Profile

• Reply Jackie Harrison March 7, 2015 at 12:13 pm

Your mom has a big heart she also very pretty. This will be perfect for her to get. My mom is the best listener and she respect her kids decision in everything as long it is positive.

• Reply Corinne March 9, 2015 at 1:44 pm

You hit the nail on the head there!

• Reply Alissa March 7, 2015 at 12:27 pm

Mom’s are great! Although me and my mom argue a lot, we’re stlll best friends who likes to watch movies together
    Alissa recently posted…#DearMeMy Profile

• Reply Corinne March 9, 2015 at 1:45 pm

Haha! It’s hard not to argue with people you’re close to, right?

• Reply Kyle Rodriguez March 7, 2015 at 1:07 pm

You have a beautiful mother! I think the competition is great <3 It's always nice to treat your mom every now and then.

Kyle Rodriguez recently posted…Mental BreakdownMy Profile

• Reply natalie March 7, 2015 at 1:22 pm

super cool! LOVE

natalieoffduty.com

Natalie Off Duty

• Reply Colleen March 7, 2015 at 1:32 pm

It’s funny, I didn’t realize that mother’s day was a different date in the UK than the US and I’ve been scrambling to think of a present for my mom. Luckily I have 2 more months!
    Colleen recently posted…LINK ROUND-UPMy Profile

• Reply Corinne March 9, 2015 at 1:46 pm

Haha, day lights saving is also different in the US and UK. Weird!

• Reply Rachel March 7, 2015 at 1:53 pm

Aw what a special mom you have! Thanks for sharing all the trouble she went through. Hope you win/she wins.
    Rachel
    Garay Treasures
    Rachel recently posted…Style Collaboration: Faux Fur VestMy Profile

• Reply Oksana March 7, 2015 at 6:12 pm

Great post Corinne!
    Happy women’s day!
    Oksana recently posted…Отзыв: Интенсивно увлажняющая крем-маска DOCTORCOS Intensive hybrid sheet free mask advanced.My Profile

• Reply Elizabeth Rebecca March 7, 2015 at 7:36 pm

I’ve just entered – your Mum sounds amazing.

Lizzie Dripping

• Reply Corinne March 9, 2015 at 1:46 pm

Good luck!

• Reply Sarah March 7, 2015 at 10:44 pm

You’re mum sounds amazing! I’d be lost without my mum, we didn’t always get along as I was growing up but things have gotten better now and we have a really close relationship these days. She’s the one I ring when anything goes wrong at home, when my toilet it making a funny noise or I can’t get stain out of my favourite dress, she always has the answer. She spoils me and even though I don’t live at home anymore, every time I go to see her she sends me home with little care packages lol, and by little, it’s usually 2-3 carrier bags haha!

Sarah recently posted…Is it a housecoat or a dressing gown?My Profile

• Reply Corinne March 9, 2015 at 1:47 pm

Hahaha! I used to be the same when I first moved home. Would leave with bags of food and wine!

• Reply Rebeca March 7, 2015 at 11:35 pm

I’m surprised agree on some aspects in personality, because I over the years have been losing the ability to get excited or surprised by things other people make you happy, for example I have a blogger friend and when we go to an event and see a character in the tv gets so excited that you want to take a picture with him, I am also a frequent online shopper like you! Well unlike you I am more attached to my mom could not stay long away from her beautiful story about his mother.
    Rebeca recently posted…Celeste y plateado / Baby blue and silverMy Profile

• Reply Vanessa March 8, 2015 at 12:05 am

Oh, so cute pictures, wonderful post. ^^
    Have a nice Sunday…

• Reply krithi March 8, 2015 at 8:05 am

Aww Corinne
    such a lovely post and loved those pics ..
    Ya MUMs are the best in the whole world …yours or mine ….
    krithi recently posted…Best Lipstick in the whole world | Tom Ford Lip Color Cherry Lush!!!My Profile

• Reply Lucy March 8, 2015 at 8:31 am

A lovely post, it is very easy to take our loved ones for granted but they are the ones there through it all Lucy x
    Lucy recently posted…Duck breast, sweet potato & butternut squash mashMy Profile

• Reply Laura March 8, 2015 at 12:02 pm

lovely post! Think you’re my spirit animal (welll, kindred spirit seeing as you arent an animal!) because i’m an online shopper too. I hate shops.
    Laura recently posted…Getting to Grips With Twitter AnalyticsMy Profile

• Reply Corinne March 9, 2015 at 1:49 pm

I don’t think I’ve ever been called someones spirit animal before! But I’ll take it, I guess.

• Reply Rachel March 8, 2015 at 7:38 pm

What a beautiful family! You are an awesome daughter for posting this!
    RachelShuchatMakeup

• Reply Tyana March 9, 2015 at 1:41 am

Love these oics so adorable

check out my newest post
    xx