The Bodyshop Smoky Poppy Range

smokypoppy

Since I went to The Body Shop Christmas Launch last November, I’ve become a bit of a fan girl. I bought a few bits there and then came home and took advantage of a buy two get two free offer they had going at the time. I then tried out some bits from their Christmas range. Last week I was asked if I’d like to try some bits from their new Smoky Poppy range.

Mais, oui! Was my answer.

I was trying to figure out what this would smell like in my head. Poppies are my favourite flowers and my favourite perfume, Kenzo Flower, has a poppy on the bottle which made me wonder if it smelt like this.

bodyshop smoky poppy

Imagine a sweet floral scent with a undertone of musk. It comes across very sensual, which fits in with valentines day. I can also smell a hint of the sweets parma violets, which I love the smell and taste of.

Here’s what I was sent.

Smoky Poppy Body Butter

bodyshop smoky poppybodyshop smoky poppy

This comes in at £5 for 50ml or a bigger tub of 200ml for £13. It contains abstract of oil-rich poppies and gives up to 24 hours of moisture. It’s advertised for dry to normal skin.

Smoky Poppy Shower Gel

bodyshop smoky poppy

There are some things I’m rubbish at as an adult. One of those things is buying things you take for granted as a child, such as toilet roll and shower gel. I forgot to get some more shower gel so I let out a WOOO when I saw this.

It comes out the bottle black, which is a bit mental! It’s £4 for 250ml.

Smoky Poppy Body Scrub

bodyshop smoky poppy

This body scrub has poppy seeds in it! They help exfoliate and shift old skin cells to make way for new, softer skin. It’s £13 for 200ml

Drops of Youth Bouncy Sleep Mask

bodyshop smoky poppy

I’ve wanted this for ages but just wasn’t sure if I was prepared to pay the £22 price tag for it! I’ve seen fantastic reviews of it from other bloggers.

It’s not like a cream – it’s kind of like jelly. You press it and it wobbles. Strange. From what I’ve read, it’s best to scoop up a bit with the spatula and rub between your fingers before applying it to your face.

It’s enriched with Edelweiss stem sells to help leave your skin feeling bouncy and replenished. I’m going to try this out for a bit and then do a full review on it separately, but I’m so excited to smoother this on my face.

I always feel like some of The Body Shop products are a bit on the pricey side, but they often have promotions on such as £25 of £50 or more, or buy 2 get 2 free which means you get a lot for your money. I bought a foundation brush, clay mask, white musk perfume and the vitamin E face oil for around £25, it should have cost me around £50.

Remember kids, shop smarter, not less 😉

The Smoky Poppy Range also includes bath bombs, massage oil, body lotion and eau de toilette. Click on the below image to go to the website and find out more.

Untitled

This posts contains affiliate links.

1. February 10, 2015 / 9:54 am

Great selection of products, I really like the sound of the body scrub! I’m also intrigued by the Drops of Youth Bouncy Sleep Mask – I can’t wait to see your review! x
    Aimee recently posted…Lifestyle | Degustabox January 2015My Profile

• Corinne
      February 13, 2015 / 10:47 pm

I can’t wait to try it!

• Corinne
      February 13, 2015 / 10:47 pm

do it do it

2. February 10, 2015 / 10:04 am

I’m loving The Body Shop at the moment! Their Smoky Poppy range is such a great idea for Valentine’s and I LOVE that the body scrub has seeds in it!

x

3. jackie harrison
    February 10, 2015 / 11:24 am

These products sound interesting also love the name.

4. February 10, 2015 / 1:17 pm

very cool product, I would love to try the scrub, I can’t believe, I don’t have scrubs on my beauty products, shame on me!

• Corinne
      February 13, 2015 / 10:48 pm

It really does! Yummy!

5. Candice
    February 10, 2015 / 1:21 pm

I would love to try out the Sleep mask ! looks like something I need

Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

♥♥♥

6. February 10, 2015 / 1:42 pm

They look so pretty, I’ll have to get myself into store for a sniff to see how much I want them though!
    Kel recently posted…Cottage IndustryMy Profile

• Corinne
      February 13, 2015 / 10:48 pm

Let me know what you think!

7. February 10, 2015 / 3:53 pm

Hmm, I was not aware of the sleep mask and your post is the first I saw of it. I’ll be checking it out, I love the idea of a sleep mask. I have one from Olay but almost never uses it, maybe it’s time for me to brush the dust off it. LOL!

Shireen | Reflection of Sanity
    Shireen L. Platt recently posted…Valentine’s Day Golden RisottoMy Profile

• Corinne
      February 13, 2015 / 10:49 pm

Hahahaha, I’ve got so many products that I need to brush the dust off!

8. Abby
    February 10, 2015 / 5:00 pm

Ooh this range sounds really nice! I’ve wanted to try the Drops of Youth mask for ages now too, but haven’t parted with my money yet as I feel it’s a tad pricey. I need to look out for more discount codes haha.

Abby | Eärendil

9. February 11, 2015 / 9:32 pm

I love poppy in cake so in toiletries this really appeals. Body butter is so great for bringing my skin back to life Lucy x

10. February 12, 2015 / 7:56 pm

I’ve been intrigued by the Poppy range since I got the email about it coming out. I was curios to know what it smelt like and black shower gel?! Now that would make shower time interesting!

I know that you get some good deals if you have a body shop card too.
    Kerri recently posted…The Botanical Garden In AutumnMy Profile

• Corinne
      February 13, 2015 / 10:50 pm

I love using the shower gel, I’ve been using it the last few times and the black never gets old.

11. February 19, 2015 / 11:18 am

Might have to treat myself to the scrub, it looks fantastic! And smoky poppy sounds like a lush smell 🙂
    Amber recently posted…Bookmarked #16My Profile