The Body Shop Vitamin E Overnight Serum-in-Oil

The Body Shop Vitamin E Overnight Serum-in-OilThis Vitamin E overnight serum-in-oil smells delicious.

It’s exactly the type of smell you would want to load your face up with behind going to bed.

It’s supposed to leave your skin feeling and looking fresh the next day. It also prevents your skin from aging, removes age spots and scarring and is great for dry skin.

I wanted to try this product as I have really dry skin and I’m getting a few lines here and there. Because I’m almost fucking 30. Doom.

Almost 30, but still spotty. Okay, I’m going to prevent myself from going into a long rant here about how life isn’t fair and how come I went through all my teen years spot free and TAKE A LOOK AT ME NOW.

Pft.

So yeah, vitamin E is supposed to help heal scars and a lot of the blemishes around my skin are scars. I was really hoping using this would help to remove the appearance of them as it makes me feel terrible about myself.

I’ve been using this for a few weeks now, not every night, but about 2-3 times per week. It really is good and hydrating, although I think it has been giving me spots around my normal problem areas, so I’ve just been using it on my forehead, around my eyes and cheeks and avoiding the areas where I get spots, like my nose, chin and around my mouth.

That disappoints me because I was wanting to use it on that area specifically!

The Body Shop Vitamin E Overnight Serum-in-Oil

I do enjoy the packaging though, it’s in this glass-pumpy-tube-thing. Wait – what’s the technical word for this?

Okay, I found it – it’s called a glass pipette bottle. That sounds better than glass-pumpy-tube-thing.

The dropper sucks up 2-3 drops and then you dispense it on your face. You only need 1 or 2 drops.

The Body Shop Vitamin E Overnight Serum-in-Oil

So this product is okay, but I’m a little disappointed that it caused me to have spots around the areas and I wanted to fade some markings! I’d say give this a go if you’re over your spotty skin stage. If you’re still going through puberty, like me, then it might be one to avoid.

Do you know of any good products that might help reduce scarring, but not cause more spots?

Untitled

1. January 3, 2015 / 12:11 pm

Love the body shop- too bad the product didn’t work as well as advertised though. Apparently bio oil is supposed to be really good for scarring xx Yuki

• Corinne
      January 4, 2015 / 7:19 pm

I might try bio oil and see if it helps!

2. January 3, 2015 / 12:29 pm

It’s such a shame this was a bit of a disappointment, I normally love all of body shops products, their hand cream is to die for and couldn’t live without their eyeliner!

Fae xo | http://www.sodaberries.blogspot.co.uk

• Corinne
      January 4, 2015 / 7:19 pm

I’ve never tried eyeliner from TBS!

3. January 3, 2015 / 12:53 pm

Hmm I’ve had no luck with scar reducing products either. Happy new year
    xx
    June Wants It All

• Corinne
      January 4, 2015 / 7:20 pm

I’m starting to think it’s a con!

• Karen
        July 29, 2015 / 7:15 am

You could try Malissa KISS Skincare’s White Me Up. It’s a night cream and it’s a little on the pricey side but great for sensitive skin that easily breaks out. Prolonged use helps to balance out uneven skin tones and fade some scars a little 🙂

4. January 3, 2015 / 1:47 pm

Oh darn, this probably isn’t the product for me then. While my skin definitely needs hydrating, it needs blemish removal/scar healing (are these even the right terms? I’m hopeless with beauty/skincare products) even more urgently! Thanks for your honest review 🙂 -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey’s

• Corinne
      January 4, 2015 / 7:21 pm

Haha, I’m hopeless too so I’m not the best person to ask 😉

5. January 3, 2015 / 4:26 pm

Too bad it didn’t work out. Have you tried jojoba oil?

• Corinne
      January 4, 2015 / 7:21 pm

No I haven’t, but I’ll look into it thanks!

6. January 3, 2015 / 5:34 pm

I’ve always wanted to try Vitamin e products, but my skin is sooooo spot prone, and I know that I would have your problem of it causing breakouts. You should try products with salicylic acid in, it will help with your spots as well – it’s done my skin wonders!

The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

• Corinne
      January 4, 2015 / 7:22 pm

I’ve have products with it in it but it doesn’t really make much of a difference to me 🙁

7. January 3, 2015 / 6:38 pm

I have this product and at first I liked it, but then I got a sample of the Khiels Serum and I realised how much better that one was! It just sunk into my skin and I really didn’t even need to moisturise after. But I felt like this one just sits on top of your skin? But it is a lot cheaper than alternatives! xx

xbeccabe.blogspot.co.uk

• Corinne
      January 4, 2015 / 7:25 pm

I’ve never had that problem with it sitting on top of my skin!

8. jackie harrison
    January 3, 2015 / 10:00 pm

Great review the product sounds interesting.

9. January 3, 2015 / 10:01 pm

Vitamin E is so good for rehydrating skin and for scars. I have only ever seen the most spray in Bodyshop didn’t realise they did this product. Shame that it hasn’t worked on spots probably to rich. The best thing I have found for spots is clinque anti blemish foaming mouse works a treat Lucy x

10. January 3, 2015 / 11:31 pm

It is the worst when you get rid of spots, have to deal with scarring then get more spots from trying to do that! You could try lemon and a bit of sugar. Or Aloe vera gel. I use a jojoba oil each night which doesn’t break you out and I’m sure my apple cider vinegar toner is helping with scarring too. To be honest, I’m just letting time take its course!

sheepishlyshameful.blogspot.co.uk

• Corinne
      January 4, 2015 / 7:33 pm

thanks for the tips, I’ll have to give those a go!

11. January 4, 2015 / 12:47 am

I bloody love this stuff, what a shame it’s not so good for you as it’s a total bargain as well! x

Josie’s Journal

12. January 4, 2015 / 4:41 am

Looks like an amazing product!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

13. January 4, 2015 / 2:00 pm

i’ve been wanting to try this, but now i’m not too sure, haha. some people seem to think it’s amazing, so maybe i’ll just need to see for myself! xx

• Corinne
      January 4, 2015 / 7:37 pm

It does seem pretty hit and miss. Body shop will give you a sample if you ask then you can try it for yourself.

14. January 4, 2015 / 9:17 pm

I kind of wanted to try this but I’ve kind of been put off now haha! I can break out so easily from serums and oils it’s probably just not worth the risk for me.

Sharon x

15. January 5, 2015 / 4:45 pm

I love the Body Shop, it’s really annoying when products break you out, shame this didn’t work for you

Emma emhasrednails