Posted on January 28, 2015

The Body Shop // Lip and Cheek Doll

beauty products/ review

lip and cheek doll

HIIHIIHIIHIHI.

Happy Wednesday. How are you? HOW ARE YOU? I’m happier than usual because I now have 5 full days off work. Time of work is my favourite thing in the world. I seem to be adding more and more hobbies to my THINGSILOVETODO list, so time off work really helps me to get organised and try to get ahead a bit with the old blogging malarky. Daily blogging, two blogs, daily work outs, yoga and a full time job can often leave me feeling a little tired. I’m ecstatic for not having to wake up to the sound of an alarm.

So, onto the point of this post. I was sent this little gem from Body Shop a while ago as part of a campaign to promote their Christmas range. I pretty much loved it instantly, judging the book by it’s cover, so to speak.

lip and cheek dollIt’s a lip and cheek stain in an adorable bottle. The only thing I’m struggling to fathom about it, is the Christmas connection to it! Other than it’s red.

lip and cheek doll

It’s easy to apply, you smear some on your lips or cheeks and you’re good to go.

I found that when using it on my cheeks, I’d draw a line on and blend with my finger, with my lips, I would apply as if it was a lipstick or gloss.

I did need to use a couple of layers on the cheek and think it’s a much better lip product than a cheek product.

lip and cheek doll

Now for the before and after shots:

lip and cheek dolllip and cheek doll

I loved the colour it made my lips, it was a red, but not too bold. It stayed on for a few hours without smudging, which is always a plus with lip colour.

It was really subtle on my cheeks and I don’t rate it much as a cheek product. I’m going to use this just on my lips from now on!

lip and cheek doll

Have you any tried any lip or cheek tints?Untitled

• Reply Marie January 28, 2015 at 10:49 am

OMG I love that bottle I would have just bought it for that, how did I miss this in Body Shop >> ??? mannnnn.
    To be honest I tried the benefit lip and cheek and I just was not keen at all but I’d probably just buy this to sit on my dresser haha. xox

• Reply Corinne February 2, 2015 at 12:14 am

Haha! Yes it’s a total cutie 🙂

• Reply jackie harrison January 28, 2015 at 11:11 am

Is adorable love the bottle and the pigment nice tutorial the color looks great on you.

• Reply Joanna January 28, 2015 at 11:57 am

Enjoy your time off work!! 🙂 What a sweet little product and the packaging is so cute. The color is perfect for lips!

lovejoanna.com
    Joanna recently posted…my top 5 filmmakersMy Profile

• Reply KizzyDoll January 28, 2015 at 12:24 pm

This is so cute, I just want the bottle, but since it works, its marvellous!! Gives you a lovely warmth too without looking fake!! Xx
    KizzyDoll recently posted…{Label Love} Adventure Land!My Profile

• Reply Mystery January 28, 2015 at 12:29 pm

5 days off work you lucky thing!!! I can’t remember the last time I had anything more than a Sunday off from my work!

Haha that lippie bottle is SO cute – I want it! 🙂

Mystery recently posted…The Return of AnonymousMy Profile

• Reply Corinne February 2, 2015 at 12:15 am

Wahhh, back to work tomorrow 🙁

• Reply Elizabeth Rebecca January 28, 2015 at 12:46 pm

I’ve tried both cheek and lip tints but never one that does both. I can’t see the difference on your cheeks either.

Lizzie Dripping
    Elizabeth Rebecca recently posted…Monday 26th January 2015My Profile

• Reply Kelsey&Kenecha January 28, 2015 at 12:56 pm

I hope you have a great 5 days off! 🙂

That little bottle is the cutest and I just love the color! & it suits you so well 🙂

twitter.com/floralandsmiles

• Reply Priscila January 28, 2015 at 1:21 pm

Super cute!!! 😉
    Kisses from Spain.
    Xoxo, P.

My Showroom
    Priscila recently posted…Colorful CoatMy Profile

• Reply Xuvious January 28, 2015 at 1:56 pm

Eep, it’s so cute! I find stains very difficult to blend properly but thankfully they always look great on the lips. Love the colour on you. 🙂
    Xuvious recently posted…Nars Audacious Lipstick in GraceMy Profile

• Reply Anett January 28, 2015 at 2:43 pm

This is so cute, love the packaging! 🙂

Bella Pummarola
    Anett recently posted…7 Reasons to Appreciate WinterMy Profile

• Reply Jade Lee Wright January 28, 2015 at 3:11 pm

Cute packaging!!! Love the shade too 🙂
    Haha 5 days off work!! You are so lucky. ENVYYYY!!!

• Reply Tyana January 28, 2015 at 4:34 pm

That is such cute packaging, I love it.

check out my newest post
    xx
    Tyana
    theluxedition.blogspot.com
    Tyana recently posted…OOTD | | | Black WidowMy Profile

• Reply Rowena @ rolala loves January 28, 2015 at 5:11 pm

The packaging is so cute! Lucky you! Enjoy your 5 days off from work!
    Rowena @ rolala loves recently posted…Through My Lens : A Snow DayMy Profile

• Reply Shireen L. Platt January 28, 2015 at 5:43 pm

That bottle is soooo cute! I didn’t pick this up when I went Christmas shopping and now I wish I did! It looks really good on your lips, the shade is just so lovely. Great review, Corinne!

Shireen | Reflection of Sanity
    Shireen L. Platt recently posted…Beauty Box REVIEW: ipsy January ‘Fresh Start’ BagMy Profile

• Reply krithi January 28, 2015 at 6:11 pm

Bottle is so cute and I love how this color looks on u really nice
    krithi recently posted…L’occitane Angelica Lemon Ultra Matifying TonerMy Profile

• Reply laura January 28, 2015 at 7:20 pm

I always find this kind of product super hard to blend- I do love the adorable packaging though!
    laura recently posted…Cold SnapMy Profile

• Reply Noor Unnahar January 28, 2015 at 8:53 pm

I haven’t used any cheek tint yet but if it comes in bottle like this, I may or may not buy a few one.

• Reply June January 28, 2015 at 8:58 pm

Five days off sounds so good!! This product is so adorable!! Aren’t all of us suckers for cute packaging?

Keep in touch
    xx

.com
    June recently posted…Keda KD-190R Epilator ReviewMy Profile

• Reply Sarah January 28, 2015 at 9:16 pm

I remember going to a Body Shop event near Christmas time and seeing this and thinking it was the cutest little bottle! It would look so nice on a dresser!

Last time I tried a lip/cheek stain it dried TOO quickly on my cheeks and I had this weird splodgy rash to deal with! Not exactly the look I was going for!

Sarah recently posted…Yukti: The Art KitchenMy Profile

• Reply Corinne February 2, 2015 at 12:17 am

Ohh, I bet you went to the same one as I did 🙂

• Reply Mrs C January 28, 2015 at 9:16 pm

I would buy just for the bottle!
    Mrs C recently posted…Style Journey Through The Years..My Profile

• Reply ivana split January 28, 2015 at 10:12 pm

the packaging is indeed adorable….and it looks really nice on you lips.

ivana split recently posted…Inspired by…Nadahnuta sa…My Profile

• Reply Tania Franco January 29, 2015 at 12:59 am

Tint looks great on you, and the bottle is oh so super cute!

xx,
    Tania
    Tania Franco recently posted…À LA MODEMy Profile

• Reply Imogen January 29, 2015 at 2:00 am

I like it on the lips, that’s what I would probably do too. The bottle is adorable, not sure about the Christmas theme either but it looks amazing and that’s what matters. Enjoy your time off work, that sounds perfect.
    Imogen recently posted…H&M: Haul and First ImpressionsMy Profile

• Reply Olivia January 29, 2015 at 2:36 am

Lucky you! Time off of work sounds like a nice time…although I can’t be complaining too too much… I have a week break starting Friday 🙂 Anyway, I think this is the cutest lip application ever! And the shade looks amazing on you.
    Olivia | Her Name Was Celebration
    Olivia recently posted…“First you stole my socks and now my scarves”My Profile

• Reply Corinne February 2, 2015 at 12:17 am

Ahh, enjoy your break!

• Reply Melanie January 29, 2015 at 5:13 am

I love that bottle! It looks so cute!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

• Reply Caro* January 29, 2015 at 9:51 pm

Lovely shade and the packaging is so cute <3

• Reply Lucy January 30, 2015 at 6:02 pm

I hope that you enjoyed your five days off. It must be nice to have a rest I know you work long hours. How cute is the bottle first of all so sweet and it looks lovely on. Not sure about the applicator I have a thing about foam and it touching my lips sets my teeth on edge Lucy x
    Lucy recently posted…Aromatherapy AssociatesMy Profile

• Reply Jessica January 30, 2015 at 8:08 pm

The packaging is so adorable! What a lovely little product xx

• Reply RAYA January 31, 2015 at 3:12 pm

This is the cutest cheek and lip tint I’ve ever seen plus it’s too handy so even if in really small clutch, anyone will be able to bring it for quick touch-ups. 🙂

with love,