Posted on December 4, 2014

Childhood Scents // White Musk

beauty products/ review

body shop white musk review

Remember Charlie body sprays? Charlie Red and Black in those tiny spray cans that cost about £1 each? Well, those were the first perfumed products I owned when I was a young teen.

Then, for Christmas, my Mum bought me some a bottle of White Musk body spray from The Body Shop.

It was my staple scent for a good few years. I remember there was 3 others, one in a pink bottle, an orange/yellow and a green. Although I don’t remember their names, but I collected them and I can still smell them now. Especially the pink one.

I loved having the full collection of them all, but White Musk was the only one I finish and re-purchased multiple times.

body shop white musk review

As I’ve been a little bit careless lately, buying expensive perfume that’s out of my price range, a £13 bottle of White Musk sounded like a bargain.

It still has the same smell I remember, the musky but sweet powdery scent. It brings back nostalgia to my younger years of spraying it in my pink princess bedroom at 11 years old.

body shop white musk review

I’m so happy I picked this up and have it back in my life – if you’ve not smelt this yet – then get yourself to your nearest Body Shop and try out the tester!

Do you like any of the Body Shop perfumes?

Untitled

• Reply Candice December 4, 2014 at 9:35 am

Looks amazing!

Candice | Beauty Candy Loves
    xoxo

• Reply Lucy December 4, 2014 at 10:18 am

It is funny how perfumes can remind you of certain times, people and places. I used to have a monsoon perfume that I loved until it was discontinued. Lucy x

• Reply Marija December 4, 2014 at 11:15 am

I’m not much into perfumes, they give me headaches !!! 😉 xoxo

• Reply jackie harrison December 4, 2014 at 11:45 am

I do not remember I bet someone in my family will and is good to have something that remind you of your childhood.

• Reply Shireen L. Platt December 4, 2014 at 3:26 pm

I used this too in my *ahem!* younger days but I have been using Red Musk recently and yes, I picked it up after reading it on your blog and a few other blogs. LOL!

Reflection of Sanity | Smashbox Giveaway

• Reply Gabrielle December 4, 2014 at 3:35 pm

I’ve never tried any perfumes by The Body Shop, but the presentation of this scent is very sweet! 🙂

x

• Reply Anett December 4, 2014 at 3:55 pm

It must smell really nice 🙂

Bella Pummarola

• Reply Elizabeth Rebecca December 4, 2014 at 5:04 pm

Hahaha – I used to do the same as you. I also used to get tester bottles from my Aunt who worked at the Body Shop.

Lizzie’s Daily Blog

• Reply Joanna December 4, 2014 at 5:09 pm

Isn’t it funny how scents can bring back so many memories? in middle school, I always wore Sweet Pea by Bath & Body Works and I still like to wear it from time to time 🙂 I haven’t tried any scents from The Body Shop yet!

lovejoanna.com

• Reply Tyana December 4, 2014 at 6:18 pm

I’ve never been to body shop but I really want to go

Check out Todays Blogmas Post
    xx
    Tyana
    theluxedition.blogspot.com

• Reply Rowena @ rolala loves December 4, 2014 at 7:29 pm

I used to love wearing the Body Shop’s Fuzzy Peach scent when I was in college.

• Reply shannon December 4, 2014 at 7:41 pm

I love rediscovering old scents I use to wear, it always brings back memories. Now I feel like I need to go find some 🙂

Shannon
    Clothes & Quotes

• Reply ~ Carmen ~ December 4, 2014 at 7:50 pm

Scents & songs bring back such specific memories. It’s crazy. I’ve tried perfume from The Body Shop, but never this one. :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

• Reply Sarah December 4, 2014 at 8:57 pm

Body Shops perfumes have always impressed me, for both their value and fragrance! Some linger a little longer than others but any that I’ve tried have always smelt great! I especially like the scents they do that are around £8 a bottle, they’re perfect for work/travelling/I’m too skint to splurge ad I always get asked what I’m wearing when I have one on!

• Reply Hannah December 4, 2014 at 9:30 pm

White Musk Libertine is the pink one! Orange and Yellow was maybe the limited edition sun glow? I love their vanilla and when they did brazil nut!

White Music classic makes me think of my granparents house. My grandma had those little bath pearls filled with it and myself and my brother would sit and squeeze them! How horrid of us haha.

Hannah
    x

• Reply Oksana December 4, 2014 at 10:14 pm

Love perfume! I love sweet powdery scent)) Thanks for sharing))

• Reply Anshul December 5, 2014 at 7:01 am

Corinne, I love this scent as well. But the problem with me was, after a while, i would find the smell a little too overwhelming :p I love the pink one though!! :p Haha!!

• Reply KizzyDoll December 5, 2014 at 2:27 pm

This perfume is gorgeous, I love when I can smell it. My husband wears some sometimes, it’s perfect 🙂 xx

• Reply Rachael Collinson December 8, 2014 at 1:13 pm

I went through a Charlie Red phase, then it got to a point where people kept buying me it for Christmas and I went off it! Blast from the past.

I love White Musk, reminds me of my mum.

Jegz xo