The Library of Frangrance // Thunderstorm

thunderstorm

When I was a child, I remember how the six week summer holidays used to seem to go on for months. It felt like it was always hot in the summer. The type of hot only a Mr Whippy ice-cream and paddling pool could help.

During those hot days, the sky would sometimes open up for a few minutes, sending down big drops of rain. The scent of the rain against the hot asphalt became my favourite smell.

I used to call it ‘cement’ smell. I love it.

So when The Library of Fragrance asked me to pick one of their 101 scents to try, I saw Thunderstorm and picked it immediately.

I have no idea how they did it, but the managed to capture that exact smell perfectly.

The perfume has a earthy, grassy scent that is a little sweet, just like thunderstorms in the summer.

library of frangrance

It feels like I’ve been waiting ages for these fragrances to be released. I don’t remember how I came to work with this brand, but I’ve been filling out surveys for months about favourite smells to help them compile their library. I was intrigued by the get go by the strange options on those surveys. Food scents, natural scents and loads more.

library of frangrance

The Library is Fragrance isn’t the type of perfume you might want to wear on a night out, but smells can do a lot of things to a nostalgia, and with fragrances such as:

• Pizza
  • Gin & Tonic
  • Rain
  • Fireplace
  • Dirt
  • Play-Doh

Scents from here might be the perfect smell for someone with a bit of an obsession with something, or for a fun, quirky gift.

I’m personally intrigued to find out what Fresh Hay and Sunshine smell like!

Which one of the 101 scents would you pick?

Untitled

1. December 20, 2014 / 10:06 am

I always wonder how they get the smells, some clever scientists with great noses behind the scenes! I think I’d get something that could be used as a perfume or room scent, like vanilla 🙂

India / Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

• Corinne
      December 21, 2014 / 10:21 pm

Very clever! It would have been nicer to get a room scent I guess, but that didn’t seem very fun!

2. December 20, 2014 / 11:21 am

Whoever is behind this ingenious idea deserves a medal. Great little review! This scent is definitely the one for me. I’m a massive lover of rain and storms! I’m glad you chose this one as I wasn’t fully intrigued as everyone was writing about the perfumes that didn’t quite grab my attention.

• Corinne
      December 21, 2014 / 10:22 pm

Yeah, I wanted to go for one that would be quite the mystery!

3. December 20, 2014 / 1:11 pm

I’m fascinated by the library they’ve put together! It’s different that’s for sure! I can’t help but laugh at ‘Gin & Tonic’, I’m not sure if it would simply remind me of my favourite tipple or it would make me smell like some dirty stop out who hasn’t been home yet after a night out!

• Corinne
      December 21, 2014 / 10:22 pm

Haha, try it and see 😉

4. December 20, 2014 / 3:20 pm

I read this on another blog some time ago and have completely forgotten about this, this is a great reminder! I love how unique all the scents are and I think we can layer the scents to create something different on us? I’m on my way to check their site out.

Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

• Corinne
      December 21, 2014 / 10:22 pm

Let me know if you find anything nice!

5. December 20, 2014 / 4:21 pm

I’m intrigued! These are so cute, think I may have to pick a couple up! I really want to know what the Thunderstorm one smells like, I love the smell of rain in the summer!

The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty Blog

6. December 20, 2014 / 5:03 pm

Amazing product ! These fragances look so original, I want try them !

Have a lovely weekend Corinne 🙂

7. December 20, 2014 / 5:39 pm

Such an interesting post.It looks awesome

8. December 20, 2014 / 6:50 pm

That’s such an interesting scent!! You know, I looked through the website and I’m gutted that they don’t have Coconut.

The Pizza one sounds interesting but gross at the same time…

9. December 20, 2014 / 8:15 pm

You are right this would be such a fun gift!!! xoxo

10. December 21, 2014 / 1:46 am

What a cool product! I sounds super helpful!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

11. December 22, 2014 / 10:46 am

Clever science, I would go gor the G&T but people might think that you have a drink problem. The smell that I would love someone to create is lemon ice Lucy x

12. December 23, 2014 / 12:05 am

Oh my goodness, they have a Play Doh smell? I haven’t thought about Play Doh in so long. Kids today have it good lol. Love this post

13. December 25, 2014 / 5:25 am

def want to smell

check out todays blogmas
    xx
    Tyana
    theluxedition.blogspot.com

14. April 20, 2015 / 2:52 am

Hot damn! I plan to get Rain, Fresh Coconut and Clean Skin for myself and I plan to bother the boy friend for Apple Pie, Dirt and I can’t decide between Fresh Laundry or Clean Skin! AAAARGGHHH. LOL. Sorry. For the outcry.
    sgrmse. recently posted…Say hi to livin’ for the weekend(s)My Profile