Posted on December 20, 2014

The Library of Frangrance // Thunderstorm

review

thunderstorm

When I was a child, I remember how the six week summer holidays used to seem to go on for months. It felt like it was always hot in the summer. The type of hot only a Mr Whippy ice-cream and paddling pool could help.

During those hot days, the sky would sometimes open up for a few minutes, sending down big drops of rain. The scent of the rain against the hot asphalt became my favourite smell.

I used to call it ‘cement’ smell. I love it.

So when The Library of Fragrance asked me to pick one of their 101 scents to try, I saw Thunderstorm and picked it immediately.

I have no idea how they did it, but the managed to capture that exact smell perfectly.

The perfume has a earthy, grassy scent that is a little sweet, just like thunderstorms in the summer.

library of frangrance

It feels like I’ve been waiting ages for these fragrances to be released. I don’t remember how I came to work with this brand, but I’ve been filling out surveys for months about favourite smells to help them compile their library. I was intrigued by the get go by the strange options on those surveys. Food scents, natural scents and loads more.

library of frangrance

The Library is Fragrance isn’t the type of perfume you might want to wear on a night out, but smells can do a lot of things to a nostalgia, and with fragrances such as:

• Pizza
  • Gin & Tonic
  • Rain
  • Fireplace
  • Dirt
  • Play-Doh

Scents from here might be the perfect smell for someone with a bit of an obsession with something, or for a fun, quirky gift.

I’m personally intrigued to find out what Fresh Hay and Sunshine smell like!

Which one of the 101 scents would you pick?

Untitled

• Reply India December 20, 2014 at 10:06 am

I always wonder how they get the smells, some clever scientists with great noses behind the scenes! I think I’d get something that could be used as a perfume or room scent, like vanilla 🙂

India / Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

• Reply Corinne December 21, 2014 at 10:21 pm

Very clever! It would have been nicer to get a room scent I guess, but that didn’t seem very fun!

• Reply Emily December 20, 2014 at 11:21 am

Whoever is behind this ingenious idea deserves a medal. Great little review! This scent is definitely the one for me. I’m a massive lover of rain and storms! I’m glad you chose this one as I wasn’t fully intrigued as everyone was writing about the perfumes that didn’t quite grab my attention.

• Reply Corinne December 21, 2014 at 10:22 pm

Yeah, I wanted to go for one that would be quite the mystery!

• Reply Sarah December 20, 2014 at 1:11 pm

I’m fascinated by the library they’ve put together! It’s different that’s for sure! I can’t help but laugh at ‘Gin & Tonic’, I’m not sure if it would simply remind me of my favourite tipple or it would make me smell like some dirty stop out who hasn’t been home yet after a night out!

• Reply Corinne December 21, 2014 at 10:22 pm

Haha, try it and see 😉

• Reply June December 20, 2014 at 1:44 pm

THis is so cool! I wish I could smell it.
    xx
    June Wants It All
    YoYoMelody$40 Giveaway here

• Reply leah December 20, 2014 at 2:38 pm

These scents sounds so different and unique! Really great idea. I’d love smell each one to see what I like the best 🙂 x x

• Reply Shireen L. Platt December 20, 2014 at 3:20 pm

I read this on another blog some time ago and have completely forgotten about this, this is a great reminder! I love how unique all the scents are and I think we can layer the scents to create something different on us? I’m on my way to check their site out.

Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

• Reply Corinne December 21, 2014 at 10:22 pm

Let me know if you find anything nice!

• Reply Alice December 20, 2014 at 4:21 pm

I’m intrigued! These are so cute, think I may have to pick a couple up! I really want to know what the Thunderstorm one smells like, I love the smell of rain in the summer!

The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty Blog

• Reply Caro* December 20, 2014 at 5:03 pm

Amazing product ! These fragances look so original, I want try them !

Have a lovely weekend Corinne 🙂

• Reply glamourzone December 20, 2014 at 5:39 pm

Such an interesting post.It looks awesome

• Reply Eena December 20, 2014 at 6:50 pm

That’s such an interesting scent!! You know, I looked through the website and I’m gutted that they don’t have Coconut.

The Pizza one sounds interesting but gross at the same time…

• Reply Marija December 20, 2014 at 8:15 pm

You are right this would be such a fun gift!!! xoxo

• Reply Elizabeth Rebecca December 20, 2014 at 9:15 pm

I LOVE the scent of rain, so I’d like to try that.

Lizzie’s Daily Blog

• Reply Melanie December 21, 2014 at 1:46 am

What a cool product! I sounds super helpful!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

• Reply Lucy December 22, 2014 at 10:46 am

Clever science, I would go gor the G&T but people might think that you have a drink problem. The smell that I would love someone to create is lemon ice Lucy x

• Reply K / Pure & Complex December 23, 2014 at 12:05 am

Oh my goodness, they have a Play Doh smell? I haven’t thought about Play Doh in so long. Kids today have it good lol. Love this post

• Reply Tyana December 25, 2014 at 5:25 am

def want to smell

check out todays blogmas
    xx
    Tyana
    theluxedition.blogspot.com

• Reply sgrmse. April 20, 2015 at 2:52 am

Hot damn! I plan to get Rain, Fresh Coconut and Clean Skin for myself and I plan to bother the boy friend for Apple Pie, Dirt and I can’t decide between Fresh Laundry or Clean Skin! AAAARGGHHH. LOL. Sorry. For the outcry.
    sgrmse. recently posted…Say hi to livin’ for the weekend(s)My Profile