Rimmel Makeup Remover // Does it work?

rimmel gentle eye makeup remover review

A blogger recommended me an eye makeup remover, it was from the Botanics All Bright one from Boots.

This was the first eye make-up remover I’d ever bought, prior to that, I just removed my mascara with normal cleanser or face wash, so I didn’t really know what I was missing. As it was a step up from cleanser and face wash, I thought it was good.

I ran out of it a few weeks ago and rather than buying a new bottle of the Botanics one, I decided to try something new. You know, for the blawg and all that.

I went on Amazon and saw the Rimmel gentle eye make-up remover for around £4, so decided to buy it.

rimmel gentle eye makeup remover review

And I’m so glad I did.

I was a little bit amazed when I first used it, I used to have to use 2 cotton pads, sometimes even three to remove my make-up before. This baby clears all my mascara, eyeliner and eyeshadow off in one swoop.

It is just like water, but removes makeup without leaving an oil residue on your lids, like the Boots version did for me. It doesn’t sting or irritate my eyes at all, which is good because the skin under my eyes is really sensitive. I once had a reaction to some cheap Primark face wipes and it made my eyes swell up like I had been crying for days.

I had to go to work and face the world looking like an emotional mess. Doom.

rimmel gentle eye makeup remover review

I’ve not tried it with waterproof mascara, but it does remove waterproof eyeliner. I’ve read lots of mixed reviews about this though – some claiming it took ages to clean makeup off with it and that it doesn’t remover waterproof makeup! I never use waterproof mascara though, so I’m not sure if I’ll ever be able to test it out.

I’m happy I got this and I would re-buy this again if I wasn’t in the mood for experimenting.

What’s your favourite eye makeup remover?

Untitled

1. Candice
    November 27, 2014 / 9:54 am

Haven’t seen a makeup remover from Rimmel before.

Candice | Beauty Candy Loves
    xoxo

2. November 27, 2014 / 12:01 pm

Oo this sounds good, I may have to pick this up, especially at the price! I use my nivea micellar water to remove my makeup at the moment as it really does do the trick.

• Corinne
      November 28, 2014 / 1:42 pm

I think micellar water is going to be my next buy!

3. amy-anne
    November 27, 2014 / 2:04 pm

I love how it doesn’t leave an oil residue – I use a Boots tea tree cleanser to take of my makeup at night but it leaves a load of cream behind, just sitting on my eyelids, so that any mascara left will fall beneath my eyes as I sleep and smudge – and then I can’t take it off as the cleanser will be left on my lashes!

Amy;
    The Blog Hermit

• Corinne
      November 28, 2014 / 1:43 pm

Yeah, the boots one made me feel like I wanted to wash my fave again! You should try this one.

4. November 27, 2014 / 3:58 pm

Oh wow, I have never seen this before. I have always used Sephora micellar water and waterproof makeup remover (previously living in hot Malaysia, waterproof makeup is the way to go) but both are running out soon and I have been desperately scouting for replacement. Need to check if I can find his here, will be nice to try it.

Reflection of Sanity

5. November 27, 2014 / 4:10 pm

I’m super intrigued, as I’ve been using Simple makeup removing face wipes for the past couple of years and have never really looked outside of my little bubble.. time to look around! 🙂

x

• Corinne
      November 28, 2014 / 1:44 pm

I’ve used the simple ones in the past and they’ve not been as good as this.

6. November 27, 2014 / 4:27 pm

I always feel like liquid makeup remover is oily

check out my newest post
    xx
    Tyana
    theluxedition.blogspot.com
    bloglovin.com/theluxedition

7. November 27, 2014 / 5:19 pm

I have seen this and debated about picking it up but I will have to now – it sounds so good! I have been using the garnier one which is pretty good too x

Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

• Corinne
      November 28, 2014 / 1:44 pm

Hope you enjoy it!

8. November 27, 2014 / 6:12 pm

I’ve never found a makeup remover that removes everything completely in one application, so I will have to check this out!

Theatricality by Mariah

• Corinne
      November 28, 2014 / 1:44 pm

It’s great, especially as I hard spending too long doing my night skincare routine!

9. November 27, 2014 / 6:45 pm

I think I will try this, eyes make up is so hard to remove maybe it will also work for me!

10. November 27, 2014 / 8:29 pm

Didn’t know that product before reading your post but it looks really good, thanks for sharing 🙂

See you xx

11. November 27, 2014 / 10:01 pm

awww. I have a review of the same product on my blog 🙂

12. November 28, 2014 / 2:04 am

Nice review. I should try this next time. I’m currently using Maybelline’s Eye Make up remover and it removes my waterproof mascara easily.

x, shekinahjoy.com

13. November 28, 2014 / 7:42 am

Can’t say that I have seen this but it sounds good. I always end up with panda eyes so anything that removes mascara easily is a bonus will have to hunt this out Lucy x

• Corinne
      November 28, 2014 / 1:45 pm

Panda eyes is the worst!

14. December 8, 2014 / 2:28 pm

I’ve never really used special remover, my garnier micellar water just gets everything off usually! Although I’ve got grown quite fond of a stubborn waterproof eyeliner recently so I might have to give this a try at some point…x