Essence // The Lash Curler Mascara

Lash Curler

Warning: This post contains a lot of pictures of my face. If you’re eating, you may want to cease consuming food until the end of this blog post.

Okay, The Essence Lash Curler Mascara. This is one of the items I picked up a couple weeks ago that was featured in my Essence Haul.

You’ll probably recognise the below photo. I used the same one because I’m trying to save the environment by doing things like recycling whenever possible and not throwing buckets of water and ice over my head.

essence the lash curler

I’m a sucker for stuff like this. A mascara with a TWISTY BIT that TURNS and CURLS EYELASHES! OMFG.

I picked this up and just knew this would be amazing.

So what you do, right, is you put the mascara on your lashes and twist the top, which makes the brush rotate and curls your eyelashes! Awesome, yes?

essence the lash curler

Let’s see how it fairs up. I put three coats on and took photos after each coat. Now you lucky things get to see my facial face, coat by coat, expression by expression.

You can see how I have long eyelashes, but they are straight and thin. I need volume and curl, please!

essence the lash curler

No Coats

One Coat

One Coat

Two Coats

Three Coats

The results were pretty poor. My eyelashes to look thicker, but not amazingly so! Also, the curl doesn’t work at all. I get better results from using an eye lash curler, the twisting brush just doesn’t seem to do anything apart from make the process a little longer.

I’d buy this if you want a mascara that works okay, as it was around £3 which is fairly cheap for a mascara. It’s just average and even a bit clumpy at times!

I’m not impressed. I won’t be buying this again. Poo.

Untitled

1. Jackie Harrison
    September 4, 2014 / 11:11 am

Great job on this tutorial you convince me to get it and try for myself thanks.

2. September 4, 2014 / 11:30 am

Dang. The idea behind this mascara is so neat! It’s such a shame that it doesn’t really work all that well.

3. September 4, 2014 / 1:38 pm

I think one coat is enough, Corinne. You only need to find the appropiate product. Kisses:)

4. September 4, 2014 / 4:46 pm

LOL I was eating, but no your photos did not put me off! 🙂 I don’t know if you ever heard of a cartoon Masha and the Bear, but you remind me Masha in your pictures… Don’t worry she is very sweet!

5. September 4, 2014 / 7:54 pm

Doesn’t look like the best budget mascara out there, I can’t stand clumps! I end up scraping the clumps out with my fingenails…not only do I look weird but it’s messy too! Oops!

6. September 4, 2014 / 9:53 pm

you are so funny with your face picture disclaimers! so silly — you look adorable! bummed this wasn’t a better product. it would have been useful as a mascara and eyelash curler in one!

xo,
    gabby

7. September 5, 2014 / 12:09 am

I am always excited when a product has something new that it does, but when it doesn’t deliver its disappointing. By the way the pics are lovely and fab eyelashes without mascara. Lucy x

8. September 5, 2014 / 7:16 am

I’ll put that on my “not to buy” list then!

9. September 5, 2014 / 7:27 am

I would have to agree with you– I’m not terribly impressed with the result. You have naturally long lashes though, so that’s a silver lining I guess haha!

Maya from The Coral Cameo

10. February 16, 2015 / 9:33 am

I recently got this mascara and I agree it isn’t the best. I mean I use it and it’s decent but nothing special. Ps. I think your beautiful and you should too. Life is difficult enough and I know it’s difficult to feel somewhat confident when there are quite vain people out there but you’re awesome the way you are. x

Bernadette recently posted…I made Twitter!My Profile