Posted on August 7, 2014

Birchbox July 2014

beauty products/ makeup/ review

Birchbox July 2014

I’ve never bothered with BirchBox before, but I always get jealous when I see them on blogs. They tend to be better than Glossybox, even though Glossybox has upped their game lately.

I got a fantastic offer for 6 month subscription for only £3o, which is half price. Get in there!

Let’s see what’s inside.

Birchbox July 2014 Birchbox July 2014

Compagnie De Provence – Mediterranean Sea Hand Cream // £8.50

This is a lovely smelling hand cream, send in sample size. I do enjoy the smell but the amount of time I use hand cream is like no times a day so, meh.

Birchbox July 2014

Birchbox July 2014

Laqa & Co. Sheer Lip Lube Pencil in Bees Knees// £14

I love the colour of this, it’s a high gloss lip pencil with offers nourishment as well as a pop of colour.

Birchbox July 2014

Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream // £20.

I’m so excited about using this, I’ve been wanting a decent eye cream for a while so this is one of my favourite products of this box.

It’s an eye cream that helps to brighten the eyes and prevent wrinkles.

Birchbox July 2014

Soigne Nail Lacquer In Pomegranate // £11

I don’t think I’ve ever owned such beautiful nail varnish before. This comes in a stunning box and really does look like a posh, expensive polish how it’s packaged. Woo nail varnish, give me more.

Birchbox July 2014

Benefit The Porefessional // £24.50

I have the full size of this, and another sample from a blog event I went to. I do love it and I guess I’ll use it, but I don’t really need it!DSC_0432

The Chia Co Shots // £4.495 for 10

I’ve seen these at work, they are superfoods in shot form and there come in different varieties. They are handy to sprinkle over serious, snacks, salads and add to smoothies.

Birch Box July 2014

So there you have it, the July BirchBox.

I’m really happy with the nail varnish, the lip lube and the eye cream. Not so bothered about everything else.

I liked how the box was smaller compared to the Glossybox, as the Glossybox seems to be too big and the products tend to look underwhelming in it.

The thing I prefer about Glossybox though is that it tells you which products are full size and which are sample sizes.

What product would you want to give a go?

color club

• Reply Imogen August 7, 2014 at 10:53 am

Looks like there are some good products here. I have always liked the concept of these boxes so fun.

• Reply Jackie Harrison August 7, 2014 at 11:18 am

Like to know more about the lip lube the porefessional I love.

• Reply June August 7, 2014 at 11:31 am

Its so nice that you get a mix of both full sized and sample sized products! Mine only gives really teeny ones
    xx

• Reply Corinne August 10, 2014 at 5:15 pm

There’s nothing worse than teeny sample sizes!

• Reply Chelsea August 7, 2014 at 5:12 pm

I love birch box, I got a six month subscription for christmas last year and loved it, but my sweet hubby got me the organic no nasties special edition box for mothers day and it was my absolute favorite- loved it!!

• Reply pilar domínguez August 7, 2014 at 5:12 pm

It was a very good offer! 6 months for only 30 pounds. And…it contained great products. I loved the nail polish. Kisses:)

• Reply Amy August 7, 2014 at 6:21 pm

The eye cream I have seen around a lot so that is great to be included. I’m currently on my second eye cream after only just starting using them so i’m sure this will be one of the ones I end up trying at some point. x
    Amy at amynmore.blogspot.co.uk

• Reply Sarah August 7, 2014 at 7:26 pm

This box makes me feel better about cancelling Birch box…3 of those products have been in recent boxes and 1 of those 3 have been in several times already…c’mon Birch Box! Get your act together! It’s still a great box and the products tend to suit me more than Glossy Box but lately Birch Box has slipped! Sad times!

• Reply Oksana August 7, 2014 at 7:41 pm

I would like to try Birchbox! Corinne thanks for review!

• Reply Mahsa (the Crushworthy) August 7, 2014 at 8:39 pm

I’ve never heard of this, but sounds like a fun way to discover new products. Also great to get something in the mail other than bills 😉

• Reply Lucy August 7, 2014 at 11:25 pm

The nail varnish is a lovely colour and the eye cream I have tried other products in the same range and they have been great. Good value to get six months for £30 Lucy x

• Reply Kerri August 8, 2014 at 10:41 am

I quite like the idea of the subscription boxes, but I’m not sure of my options in Belgium, maybe some fancy Belgian goods… Probably monthly chocolate subscriptions haha.

The Porefessional looks like a good product, I’d definitely try that. Also the hand cream, I get quite dry hands at work and keep meaning to use more. I have a pot at the moment and would prefer a tube 🙂

~ K

• Reply Corinne August 10, 2014 at 5:16 pm

They might start doing them in Belgium soon!

• Reply Kel August 8, 2014 at 10:57 am

I treated myself to the £30 six month subscription too – looking forward to them! 🙂

• Reply hena tayeb August 11, 2014 at 3:05 pm

nice. I gifted a 3 month subscription to my husband and it was not as exciting as I hoped for.. in the three month there were only two products that he loved..