I think we’ve established that I’m a fan of honesty. I mean, I posted photos of myself with no makeup on. Spots and all. If that’s not honesty, then fuck knows what is.
The day after I posted about my views on body-image, I then posted the #socialbloggers roundup chat which touched upon the Blog You vs the Real you, were we spoke about how we portray ourselves on our blogs.
I’ve been thinking of a writing a post like this for a while now, so why we’re being all open and honest with each other this week, might as well add a bit more truth to the pile.
Confessions of a blogger.
- I don’t always remove my makeup on an evening. When I say I don’t, I mean hardly ever. It’s kind of a miracle that I brush my teeth and put pyjamas on, never mind do a full makeup removal routine too. Don’t use this against me the next time I moan about having spots. Or I’ll punch you in the face. I’m not even kidding.
- I think blogging is fucking weird and I kind of cringe when I talk about it out loud. You know things aren’t real until you say them out loud, right?
- I like internet more than real life.
- Readers e-mail me often with questions to do with blogging. They think I know a lot, you see. Most of the time I have to Google the answers for them because I do not know that much at all.
- I HATE videos on blogs. It’s nice to hear and see somebody you’ve spoken to on the internets but not met, but apart from that I would rather read a blog post. I’m usually listening to music, watching YouTube or watching TV while reading blogs and I get so frustrated when I come to read a blog and it’s a video. If I wanted videos I would go to YouTube. I have a secret strop when I see videos.
- I care about blog stats. I care about followers, page views, page rank, Alexa rank, social media engagements and comments. I CARE ABOUT IT AND YOU CAN’T STOP ME.
- I judge poor grammar and spelling mistakes.
- I’m dyslexic.
- I compare my blog to your blog.
- I hate shopping.
- Up until about 6 months ago, I would gleefully accept peoples ‘follow for follow’ requests. Now when people say ‘Hi, I love your blog, would you like to follow each other??? LET ME KNOW AND I’LL FOLLOW RIGHT BACK!’ I get angry and offended. I guess I’m much more anal now.
- I’ve blogged every day for the past 5 months and I am terrified of breaking that streak.
- I really think most of the top blogs out there are not very original. Or well written.
- Most of my favourite blogs have less than 500 followers.
- My room is a mess 90% of the time.
- I iron my clothes about zero times a year.
- When doing OOTDs, I take between 20-30 photos and just pick the ones I look the thinnest in LOL.
I guess now you all know how much of a massive wanker I really am.
Now tell me one of your confessions. Otherwise it’s not fair.