Boxing day!

emily and fin dress
Dress : Emily and Fin
Shoes : c/o mum
emily and fin
orange print dress
orange and lemon emily and fin
emily and fin dress
I love this orange and lemon print dress by Emily and Fin. It took me ages to get hold of it, if you guys remember my dress story. I’m glad I finally got it!

I have a question for you tech heads out there. I am having trouble getting good quality pictures lately with my DSLR. I have a Nikon D3100, the first photo was taken with the same lens as the other photos, but they are not great quality at all. I don’t know what to doooooo. This is a new problem! What settings do you guys use to take your photos on?

Ok, technical issues aside, boxing day happened and my brothers came to my parents house to have a bit of food and drink.
shaytards
I made my family watch the Shaytards Christmas Special. They were not impressed.
brothers
Brothers! There is one brother missing, he lives in Oz now so we haven’t seen him in about 8 years :/
siblings
Me and brothers.
niece
My cute face niece!
christmas star
Star in my parents window. Ignore the spot on my lip. It has been causing me major distress over the past few days.

Tell me of your boxing day
Also answer my question about the camera issue because it’s stressful for meeeeee.

Love,
Corinne x

Christmas Eve | Christmas Day Boxing day New Years
Linking up with:
Friday’s Fab Favorites

1. Caro *
    December 28, 2013 / 11:55 am

Your photos are so cute !
    Perfect dress beauty, I love this print.
    Hope you had a wonderful Christmas 🙂

2. Lilli
    December 28, 2013 / 12:21 pm

The dress is so lovely and suits you, I like the bright pattern! Your niece is so sweet!:) Im sorry but I cant help you regarding the camera trouble, hope you can fix it soon! Kisses and happy weekend! xo

3. daisychain
    December 28, 2013 / 1:34 pm

I love that dress, fruity tooty x

4. saralookbook*
    December 28, 2013 / 1:53 pm

SUPER FUNNY DRESS , i like it !

saralookbook.blogspot.com

5. December 28, 2013 / 2:02 pm

lol.. nice pics.. especially love the dress!!

6. Bristol Petty
    December 28, 2013 / 2:43 pm

That dress is amazing!! I really love, and it looks great on you. I’ve tried to find it online before, without any luck.

7. December 28, 2013 / 3:31 pm

Love your dress! Black is always an awesome choice! Ahh 8 years is a BIG DEAL! Oh your niece is so cute!

8. Ayesha Ahmad
    December 28, 2013 / 4:00 pm

I like your dress. Its really pretty!

Ayesha
    Defining Me

9. A.Michelle
    December 28, 2013 / 5:13 pm

Well, I have a D3000 and I love using the manual setting. It’s the setting with the little M on the rotary dial on the top of your camera. After you set it to that, look down the back side of your camera, next to where you can view pictures, there should be a button at the bottom with a magnifying glass with a + symbol in the middle of it. Press it and this will take you to your settings. From there you can change the white balance, ISO, pictures quality, point of focus, and a lot of other things that I haven’t even tried yet! I hope this helps a little. Also, if you’re having trouble with blurriness, make certain your camera is set on Auto Focus. There’s a little switch on your camera lens. It should say M or A. Make sure it’s set to A. Your dress is really pretty, by the way. I hope you had a great Christmas!

10. December 28, 2013 / 5:14 pm

love it!

mind to follow each other?
    pls let me know 🙂
    missdjoen.blogspot.com

11. Pretty Tiny Things
    December 28, 2013 / 6:26 pm

Lovely pics !

It will mean a lot if you have time to check our blog and maybe follow us ?

Hope to see you soon on it !

Emily from Pretty Tiny Things

12. Lenya
    December 28, 2013 / 7:38 pm

Lovely dress, so amazing. Love the three of you wearing those snowman sweater.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

13. December 28, 2013 / 8:15 pm

Aw this is such a lovely family Christmas! Beautiful pics and charming fruit dress. Hope you’re having a wonderful weekend hun!

• January 15, 2014 / 7:51 pm

I’ll check your blog out!

14. Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird
    December 28, 2013 / 8:51 pm

Oh my gosh I LOVE your dress!

15. Noor
    December 28, 2013 / 8:54 pm

Your dress looks so cute. I use my camera in natural light so the result is always good , try it 🙂

• January 15, 2014 / 8:06 pm

Thanks for the advice!

16. December 28, 2013 / 8:58 pm

i can’t say often enough how much i love that dress! and all your christmas jumpers look very sweet:-) xx

17. Busola Coutts
    December 28, 2013 / 9:31 pm

That dress is magical and so pretty on you. The black tights helped toned down the colors of the print in a really lovely way. You look very cute.

Now on the camera issue, i would love to help you out not because i am pro but because i started with a DSLR and i had no idea what i was doing, but with time, i learned and still learning from my mistakes. Lots of practice and you be a pro in no time. Well, this is my email: fashionstirfry@gmail.com

Happy Holidays!!

• January 15, 2014 / 8:07 pm

Thanks for the tips!

• January 18, 2014 / 2:08 pm

Thank you Oksana!

18. December 29, 2013 / 1:11 am

Hey girl! Thanks for your sweet comment. You & your housemate are funny!

Your answer to your folks’s debate is: Yes! That is my REAL hair. 100%. No extensions. To be honest, I wouldn’t be able to keep my head straight if I added any extensions because my hair is already heavy as it is!

I’ve always had lots of hair–don’t really do anything different/have any secrets about it! I think it just runs in my family 🙂

Anyway, take care! and thanks again for dropping by!

xx, Ariel

• January 18, 2014 / 2:19 pm

I’m so mad that it’s real!! By mad I mean INSANELY JEALOUS!

19. Sin12012
    December 29, 2013 / 1:30 am

OMG ! I love your dress ! It’s perfect ! *o*

20. December 29, 2013 / 2:57 am

Hi, I have the Canon EOS T3i and I like it but I’m still learning too 🙁 So, what don’t you like about your pictures? Cute dress!

21. December 29, 2013 / 4:11 am

hi Corrine! Thank you for joining {FiF} “Fashion item Friday”. Your fabulous dress is a very nice “item” on you! Your blog is dang fun. Thanks again.

22. Jezz Dallas
    December 29, 2013 / 5:28 am

Definitely check your focus,,,maybe you need to manually adjust as some tend to automatically re-adjust…also go to settings and look at your ISO…might help with the lighting…I know those tech issues really can take the joy out of blogging. In any way, I hope you had a great couple fo days!

• January 19, 2014 / 4:42 pm

Thanks for the tips!

23. December 29, 2013 / 5:55 am

Pretty dress!! I would check the natural lighting and focus. I use a 50mm and 35mm and a wireless remote for my pictures.

24. Jo Rashi
    December 29, 2013 / 7:46 am

All the pics are super cool..:-)…and the dress is really cute..:-)<3

25. December 29, 2013 / 7:52 am

Hi Corrine,
    Love the citrus and refreshing feeling this dress gives!
    I think you could check the focus of the camera. Instead of autofocus, you could try to us manual focus, focusing on the spot that you want to stand and then set it on the timer.

Cheers,
    Everest

• January 19, 2014 / 6:19 pm

Thanks, I’ll give it a gi and see if it helps!

26. Amanda Val
    December 29, 2013 / 8:05 am

You look so gorgeous! And I love my family, but I wish I had brothers. I guess that’s why I have a few male friends to compensate for that. Check whether you’re on automatic focus or manual. I don’t have the same camera you do, but you may have accidentally set it to manual and then the camera just doesn’t focus for you. x

• January 19, 2014 / 6:23 pm

Ha, I always wanted a sister!

27. December 29, 2013 / 10:24 am

Wow like everyone else who has left a comment I too love your dress.
    I have two sisters and a brother and our older sister lives in Oz too, Its strange that at every special occasion we are blatantly aware of her absence, though it makes it easier knowing how happy she is over there. Lovely post dear, now following on Bloglovin would love it if you could take the time to check out my blog at Linzylabellevie Thanks
    Lindsay xx

• January 19, 2014 / 6:48 pm

Yeah, it can be a bit upsetting, can’t it!

28. Grace Kendrick
    December 29, 2013 / 10:27 am

I hope you’ve had a nice christmas! I just adore your dress – it’s really lovely!

Grace x

I’d love it if you could check out my blog too, and let me know if you want to follow each other?

• January 19, 2014 / 7:12 pm

I already follow you =)

29. Sharon S
    December 29, 2013 / 11:51 am

Hi there! That’s a really fabulous dress! Lovely pictures and thanks for stopping by too!

30. Sharon S
    December 29, 2013 / 11:52 am

31. Imogen
    December 29, 2013 / 12:39 pm

I just love the picture of you three in the Christmas jumpers, that is such a classic. Hope you had a great time and all the best for the new year. Love your dress. The print is so impressive and I have wanted an Emily and Finn dress in that style for ages.

32. December 29, 2013 / 1:30 pm

Nice dress with beautiful print of oranges and lemons!
      Happy New Year 2014! Hugs from Spain. Leovi.

33. Amandyne's World
    December 29, 2013 / 1:58 pm

I really like that picture of you and your brothers ! With the jumpers …. So perfect !
    Great post !
    See ya soon on my blog maybe ?
    Hope to read you again 🙂
    XOXO
    amandynesworld.blogspot.fr

34. AsiekFOTO
    December 29, 2013 / 3:42 pm

Nice! Great post.

fotoasiek.blogspot.com

• January 19, 2014 / 7:26 pm

Thanks Francesca!

35. Hoda Katebi
    December 29, 2013 / 5:36 pm

Lovely photos! Your family’s matching sweaters were adorable!
    In the U.S. we don’t have boxing day–is it just another day off after Christmas?
    Hope you enjoyed your holidays! xx

<(“) Hoda

36. Mª Pilar Domínguez
    December 29, 2013 / 8:07 pm

Very nice pictures with your family in boxing day, Corinne! I really loved your blue sweaters( it is not a joke, it is totally true, they are lovely). As for your question …sorry but my camera is a Canon and I always use the Creative mode because it is almost automatic and the photos look good. You were beautiful in your orange and lemon print dress. Kisses:)

• January 19, 2014 / 7:41 pm

I’m glad you liked them!

37. December 29, 2013 / 9:26 pm

Love this dress. So cute.=)

38. WOWS
    December 29, 2013 / 10:14 pm

Stunning !!!

Kisses from http://www.withorwithoutshoes.com

Today I bring you my 2013 Recap… with the best outfits and the most awesome accessories! Ready in a few minutes

39. Dressed with soul
    December 29, 2013 / 11:57 pm

Hi dear Corinne, how funny that you siblings wore all Christmas sweaters and you look really beautiful in yours! Sorry that you haven´t seen one of your brother since such a long time … and sorry again, but I´m not able to help you with your technical question.

Dear Corinne, I wish you only the best for 2014, that you will find everything in your life which makes you happy and allows you to live your life. You are a really wonderful, clever and good-hearted woman and you deserve only a happy life <3

xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena

International giveaway for your good figure

40. December 30, 2013 / 1:05 am

I could not pull off this print… But you make it look so chic. Kudos for that!

xo,
    miranda

41. December 30, 2013 / 6:09 am

this dress is one of my favourite ! you always have nice dresses ! I also love your brother’s sweater 🙂

42. Carsla Peyton
    December 30, 2013 / 7:37 am

Happy Holidays Dear! What a fun option for Christmas ;D By the way, Cheers to 2014!!

<3 Carsla
    Founder & CEO of Connect-the-Cloths
    A stylist, foodie, & writer’s blog in development.

43. Black Silhouette
    December 30, 2013 / 12:04 pm

Wow, this is such a cute dress! So nice! 🙂

44. Clairejustine oxox
    December 30, 2013 / 6:53 pm

Great dress, I have one simmerla and I love it 🙂 thanks for sharing at the weekend blog hop..

• Clairejustine oxox
      December 30, 2013 / 6:57 pm

Love the Christmas jumpers too 🙂 Now following from the hop, I also do a Creative Mondays hop which is great for outfit posts too if you ever want to join in the fun here too 🙂

• January 19, 2014 / 7:50 pm

Thank you very much!

45. gabrielle
    December 30, 2013 / 8:47 pm

love how you and your brothers are all wearing christmas sweaters! i find that getting good shots with any camera is all about lighting — i often don’t get great photos indoors when it’s dimly lit. hope you have a happy new years!!

xo,
    gabby

• January 20, 2014 / 12:41 am

Yeah, lighting can be an issue in England, ha.

46. Jodie
    December 30, 2013 / 11:09 pm

Wow your dress is beautiful I’m glad you found it 🙂 I have this sane problem with my camera and (to be honest ) I usually just turn it off and on again.
    Your Christmas looks awesome 🙂
    I’m a PG tips girl at heart but this rise one from whittards is amazing, it’s black tea so I could add milk to it but I honestly will drink any thing
    X

• January 20, 2014 / 3:24 am

Haha, I did try the on/off thing!

47. sgrmse.
    December 31, 2013 / 8:39 am

didn’t do very much for Boxing Day. went to work, that was about it. lol. next year, though, i’m planning on taking off for the last two weeks in December. i do f**k all, honestly!!!

48. Rachel
    December 31, 2013 / 1:27 pm

That is quite the unique print! It really looks bright and fun!

49. Mona Miesem